• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's a 1954 AlumaCraft 15' worth?

It's got a 50hp Merc that's got the lower took apart. Covered bow, tapered STEARN. Thick aircraft grade aluminum.

Edited by Old Boat

In New Mexico? Not much. In Minnesota? A little more. Wheel boat, I assume for a 50 HP on a 15' boat. Bench seats? Does the outboard run? What's wrong with the lower unit? Does the steering work? Does the throttle work? Is there a trailer?

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Neiljack
      By Neiljack
      Hello guys, sorry if i place my intro at wrong place because navigation was tough for me.
    • Jaroberts28
      By Jaroberts28
      Hey guys, going up to nine mile lake camping and noticed that Echo lake next door has Atlantic Salmon. Any tips on catching one? Is it even possible this time of year? Any help would make me and the little one super happy. 
      Thanks,
      Andy
    • jkrash
      By jkrash
      Is anybody else seeing an unusual amount of dead crayfish by there docks this year?
    • the stick
      By the stick
      Looking for a Septic System installer. Lake Vermilion Area. Thanks for your help.
    • the stick
      By the stick
      Looking for a recomendation on a Septic System installer. Lake Vermilion Area.
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      Remembering all that served to keep us free. 
      A few pics from days gone by.

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      Scouting through the woods I found a very old and definitely abandoned deer stand. They are everywhere. I usually like to poke around the old ones to see what might have been left behind. I found this old coffee can with wire woven into the bottom. I've never been a hunter but am assuming that this was a home-made "stove" for keeping warm on a cold fall day. However, I'm far from an expert so I leave it to the internet. 

What is this?

• SkunkedAgain
      By SkunkedAgain
      My 1960 Johnson Seahorse is on the fritz. I did an overhaul the over the winter rebuilding the carb, replacing dry fuel hoses, fixing two stripped bolts (helicoils) on the powerhead, etc... This spring she only wants to run on one cylinder. I am assuming that it's the coil or something similar but suck at the electrical side. 

Great American Marine in Bloomington won't touch old motors anymore. Neither will Boat Motor Recyclers in Burnsville (1990 and up!). 

Does anyone up near Vermilion still work on older motors? I'll take a recommendation for somewhere near the lake or in the Twin Cities. Any input is appreciated.
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Over the weekend I caught a few small silver fish that I'm certain were shiners. Only thing was that they squeaked defensively when I touched them. I never heard of this happening and the few people I asked just looked at me like I was from Mars. "Squeaky shiners? You drank the lake water, didn't you?"
      This was on Mille Lacs if that helps. The shiners looked like the common variety with the rounded face and derpy expression, a few of them had minor freckling or stripes. 
      Basically this...

Image curtesy of the Missouri Dept of Conservation.
    • whateverisbiting
      By whateverisbiting
      Trolling with my main motor the min speed is 2.9 mph.  Would like to get that closer to 1.8.  I have a good electric motor but want to be able to troll with the main motor as well.  Not going to get a kicker.  Don't like the idea of putting the electric in the water as resistance.  Don't want to troll backwards (though I can get really slow that way).  Other options I have seen:

1 or 2 drift socks off the front thinking that is sort of a hassle.

Trolling plates I read that sends prop wash down and sideways and can disturb the fish or your fish finder.

Wonder if a different prop would work? 

Anyone have an opinion / experience with this?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Troy Smutka
      6/2/21     Catching lots of walleyes and bonus smallies on Mille Lacs. On shallow to mid-depth rocks the first few weeks, now deep gravel or mud when it is calm/clear and mid-depth rocks when it is windy and cloudy. Caught several of the elusive slot fish during the open period, kept and ate a few. Catch and release now and remember closed walleye fishing and no live bait July 1-15. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • Troy Smutka
      6/16/21     Catching bass, pike, sunfish, and crappies on west Metro area lakes. Starting to see a few muskies as well. Water temps in the low to upper 70s depending on the lake. Still catching fish in shallow to mid-depth depending on the lake. Good luck and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • ozzie
      Congrats!  Bummer that the dead fish was the difference especially if it was healthy and swimming when you entered the bay!  What weight did you have pre deductions and what was your fish/weight breakdown?  Curious what people were catching... Did you fish the same spots on tourney day as you did in prefishing? and if you don't mind sharing did you fish crosslake or make it out to whitefish?  Sorry for the questions but I always am interested on the where, how, and how many in this tourney but never stick around for the long drawn out awards handout...  
    • Rivergroup
      Got back yesterday.  Found some really nice bass and a lot of them, both large and small mouth in the 15"-17" range.  Found a couple of walleye, 14" and 15".  Had a great time as usual and the weather was calm for much of the time we were there.  Had most success with slip bobber and leeches/crawlers.  
    • BigVTim
      Headed up this afternoon for a solo weekend. Throwing for Musky but might pull some cranks or spinners and see what happens.
    • CigarGuy
      I have them on the cabin. Last night out fishing in Wakemup saw lots of clouds on the graph. Marking some fish, but no takers. Saw a guy catch a couple walleye's out there.
    • james_walleye
      That's a cool catch! I caught an old ugly stick last year by trout portage. I found an old boat with side scan by comet as well. 
    • schmitty3
      Anyone having any luck?  From almost all reports i've read it's been pretty SLOW all year.  Headed up with a group tomorrow for a week, and will be sure to report back what we find. 
    • Jaroberts28
      So no bites so far. Did see a bank fisherman catch a rainbow so I asked what he was using. Same thing as me... hopefully today is better!
    • SkunkedAgain
      Any mayfly reports?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.