• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saving the planet!

leech~~

Question

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I don't know, this save the plant thing looks like a money maker, for someone! 🫤

Where do you think electric prices are going to go when they have the monopoly for everything that moves! 🙄

20240506_174212.jpg

20240506_174204.jpg

20240506_174349.jpg

20240506_174339.jpg

20240506_174605.jpg

20240506_174446.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

22 answers to this question

Well yesterday I gave the green nazi's the middle finger 

20240506_165925.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Well yesterday I gave the green nazi's the middle finger 

20240506_165925.jpg

That thing should blow better then Stormy Daniels!  🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

30 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

That thing should blow better then Stormy Daniels!  🤣🤣

I'll bet she's better at it!!!!  

• Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Wow, 600 bucks for a battery powered lawn mower?  Guess I didn't realize they costed that much.

I assume most people now are using battery augers in the winter.  I remember when they first came out everyone thought they were a joke.  Things sure have changed on that front.  I hardly see anyone using a gas auger anymore.

The selling point, at least for me, would be to avoid having to do any engine maintenance.  Small 2 stroke motors are a pain in the rear to maintain, and unreliable at best.

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally disagree Gim. I have a gas Jiffy legend auger. Never issues. Take a little time to care for it before putting it away and good to go. Sincei started using non oxygen gas, startron and seafood in never have issues with my 2 strokes.

Guess when them damb helicopters from my maple tree arrive I'll  find out how good she blows,  doubt I'll  get a chance first with Stormy to compare!🤭

Anyone got trumps number?😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally disagree Gim. I have a gas Jiffy legend auger. Never issues. Take a little time to care for it before putting it away and good to go. Sincei started using non oxygen gas, startron and seafood in never have issues with my 2 strokes.

seafood???   I'd try seafoam!!!   🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

Guess when them damb helicopters from my maple tree arrive I'll  find out how good she blows,  doubt I'll  get a chance first with Stormy to compare!🤭

Anyone got trumps number?😄

I have had the same old Strikemaster augers for years, take care of them and they will last a long time.  

I think E-augers are nice for around home lakes or at the cabin. The thing that was a eye opener to me was being in D-Rock in New Brighton getting new blades and there were two guys that just got back from a week in Canada on a big ice fishing trip and both very pissed off at their e-augers dying! They were both buying new gas augers.  :unsure:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

seafood???   I'd try seafoam!!!   🤣

🤣 you da friggin grammar police!🤔😒🤣

• Yayyyy 2

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

🤣 you da friggin grammar police!🤔😒🤣

you make it so fun!!!!    😁

• Yayyyy 1

Hey government,  Just give us choices. I don’t care what people use as long as as it works for you. I’m needing a new weed eater. Plan on a Stihl FS 40 easy start. I’m done with the cheaper brands. Just don’t last long enough.

Probably true with the Stormy Daniels of the world as well. Cheaper don’t last long enough 🤭

• Yayyyy 2
  • Thanks 1

Best weed eater I've ever run with great longevity is Echo, I'd check them out

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

I agree on the choices.

I didn't mean to say that a battery auger was better or greener or whatever.  I could care less about that.

It just seems that "most" ice anglers have made a switch to a battery auger in recent years.  That's all I was saying.  I know about a dozen people who regularly ice fish and they all have battery augers now.  I bet if you conducted a survey of all ice anglers, the majority would answer that they use a battery powered auger.

Edited by gimruis
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  

That’s right. My 84 year old dad loves his electric chain saw. Light weight and quiet. Besides, at his age he’s not cutting a bunch. Where as myself I want something with more power and heavier duty.  Look at how many people have switched back to gasoline cars after running one in winter if you travel a lot. 

As long as my strike master works I’ll keep using gas. Maybe my next will be electric, but who knows,  you can find used gas ones pretty reasonable as others buy electric.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't take me wrong, I'm not anti-technology.  Battery powdered items will always have their place.  I'm mean you don't want your girl friend or wife in the bedroom playing for their gas powered adult toys!!  That would be a bit loud and smokey!  :eek:  :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

9 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Don't take me wrong, I'm not anti-technology.  Battery powdered items will always have their place.  I'm mean you don't want your girl friend or wife in the bedroom playing for their gas powered adult toys!!  That would be a bit loud and smokey!  :eek:  :D

some red neck would be all over that!!!   

• Yayyyy 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

some red neck would be all over that!!!   

Well they already have the gas powered drink blenders for the beach, Mike. 🤙

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2024 at 1:52 PM, leech~~ said:

I think E-augers are nice for around home lakes or at the cabin. The thing that was a eye opener to me was being in D-Rock in New Brighton getting new blades and there were two guys that just got back from a week in Canada on a big ice fishing trip and both very pissed off at their e-augers dying! They were both buying new gas augers.  :unsure:

It depends on a lot of factors, I suppose.

I hung on to my last gas auger for a few years after getting into electric but I never used it so I finally sold it.  Haven’t missed it one bit.  You bet it was reliable though.  Still started on the second pull for the new owner.

After trying several options in the electric world, I’m currently settled on a Strikemaster 40V with Liteflight bits.  With 2 fully charged batteries, I fish all day in Canada, cutting 10 inch holes.  

What I’ll agree with is, if you search by drilling and flasher sonar, you will probably be more comfortable with the run time of a gas auger.  When you start incorporating GPS mapping, forward facing sonar, and saved waypoints, you don’t need to Swiss cheese every spot you fish.  I can still run through both batteries when the fishing isn’t great but I never feel like I have to count my holes.  It’s more like: Did I need the second battery before the middle part of our fishing hours?  If I still can’t catch fish after running out 2 batteries, it doesn’t matter cuz the fish just ain’t biting.

That’s fishing on the dark side! 😉 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/13/2024 at 6:08 AM, Wanderer said:

It depends on a lot of factors, I suppose.

I hung on to my last gas auger for a few years after getting into electric but I never used it so I finally sold it.  Haven’t missed it one bit.  You bet it was reliable though.  Still started on the second pull for the new owner.

After trying several options in the electric world, I’m currently settled on a Strikemaster 40V with Liteflight bits.  With 2 fully charged batteries, I fish all day in Canada, cutting 10 inch holes.  

What I’ll agree with is, if you search by drilling and flasher sonar, you will probably be more comfortable with the run time of a gas auger.  When you start incorporating GPS mapping, forward facing sonar, and saved waypoints, you don’t need to Swiss cheese every spot you fish.  I can still run through both batteries when the fishing isn’t great but I never feel like I have to count my holes.  It’s more like: Did I need the second battery before the middle part of our fishing hours?  If I still can’t catch fish after running out 2 batteries, it doesn’t matter cuz the fish just ain’t biting.

That’s fishing on the dark side! 😉 

That's a good first step. But are you ready to buy this for the ranch and save the plant more? 🤭

EGO POWER+ 56V Battery 52" Zero Turn Lawn Mower.

PRICE

$8,899.00

534842_main.webp

51536f73-b593-4128-b951-7af65f3f85f8.jpeg

Edited by leech~~
  • Wow, ❤ 2
  • Yayyyy 1

11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

That's a good first step. But are you ready to buy this for the ranch and save the plant more? 🤭

EGO POWER+ 56V Battery 52" Zero Turn Lawn Mower.

PRICE

$8,899.00

534842_main.webpUnavailable

51536f73-b593-4128-b951-7af65f3f85f8.jpeg

Might not have to wear ear plugs when I mow!   

That’s a spendy one.  It wasn’t hard to find one of those for $6k.  Comparatively and Ariens of the same size is $4,200.  A home owner grade JD for $3,900.  You could get into a commercial grade Z700 for maybe $8k.

I think the work I did today with mine would’ve killed that one there.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

I think the work I did today with mine would’ve killed that one there.

THIS!  👍

I have a 40 v ryobi chainsaw love it. Use it more then all my gas saws combined. Carry it in my rzr. Paid $189. I already had 2 40v batteries from trimmer and blower. 

• Thumbs Up 1