• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2021 Fall Rainy Lake fantastic fishing

After more than a year, thankfully we have been allowed to return to our Rainy Lake home.  Hopefully the travel bans will not be repeated.  Fall fishing is as good as it gets.  Walleye and bass are making their fall transition and are schooled up.  Find the right spot and let the party begin!  Thanks to Muskies for feeding my addiction while I was stuck in the U.S.  If you can get to Ontario, come now!

62C085DA-525D-43A6-84ED-7E39302CBABC.jpeg

298C9112-2DAB-4EB7-B581-CE289C0D0926.jpeg

06DAF8D0-0B00-4D03-911C-58CCCCF875A8.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1

• 4 months later...

Just saw your post. Congratulations on getting back.  We fished the US side in July and had weather issues.  Caught a lot of small fish but had fun. 

Went back in September and had  wind so not a lot of luck weather wise. Still caught fish though. 2021 wasn't my best on the lake but we did get into Canada when the border opened.  The low water was really low.

I never did get into a consistent walleye bite. Have another trip scheduled end of July 2022 so we shall see. 

Thanks for posting. 

Bill 

Edited by bfisherman11

Yes, the lake was low.  Low enough to find a rock that proved to be tougher than my lower unit!  Got a new lower unit and rebuilt prop but did not get it into the water so will try it out next spring.  Good luck on your next trip.