• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coloradokid55

Headed to Brainerd Area July 9-11 coming from Colorado to visit friends. Well actually my girlfriend is I am tagging along to hopefully catch some fish with my flyrod And or jigs. Seeking advice on which lakes and tactics and anything else helpful to help maximize fishing  time in your state. I will have access to a canoe on Hubert Lake. Any and all advice would be much appreciated if anyone is into flyfishing Stillwater and would like to go or show me some pointers on your home waters That would be awesome thanks looking forward to any responses.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• walleye345
      By walleye345
      Hello I am looking for a weight system to help me catch more fish.  I am torn between Snakebite Snaps and Offshore Snap Weights.  They are 2 very different clips. Anyone know anything about either?  Was looking to grab some here soon.  

• PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      I went out to Medicine lake yesterday and there were dead panfish discarded all over the place. I don't know who or why but it was such a waste, plus one little sunny was obviously cut up as bait... And then I found a huge PILE of about 20 fish behind a building. There are signs posted and reminders everywhere, only 5 panfish/crappies per person. This looked deliberate, like a middle finger to authority.
      I was furious and now I'm just sad. I took pictures and I want to do something about it but I have no idea what. 😩
    • tbetts1000
      By tbetts1000
      What is the best chip option for Vermilion. I am getting a new Lowrance HDS and need some guidance.
    • PeachyHans
      By PeachyHans
      Hey all! Tomorrow (Apr 3rd) I'm taking some friends out to do some fishing. We usually target rivers, and live around the metro, but I'm willing to drive a ways to find good spots. No boat, so this would be shore fishing.
      We aren't after anything specific but would be nice to get something to fry up later! Which of course means targeting legal fish like carp, suckers, cats, panfish, etc. 
    • Rip De Lips
      By Rip De Lips
      Is the special 40 inch min pike reg for this lake gone? I only see a 10 per day sunfish limit listed. Thanks 
    • Lucca
      By Lucca
      Hey guys and gals. I am going up to lake kabetogama around June 18 for 2-3 days targeting pike. I have been up several times and not caught anything over 25 inches. I want to try and locate a true monster this time. Any spot recommendations and or lure recommendations? Thank you!
    • Lucca
      By Lucca
      Hey guys and gals. I am going up to lake kabetogama around June 18 for 2-3 days targeting pike. I have been up several times and not caught anything over 25 inches. I want to try and locate a true monster this time. Any spot recommendations and or lure recommendations? Thank you!
    • BobT
      By BobT
      I have very little experience using wax worms and one of the problems I have with them is keeping them alive between fishing trips. When I buy them, I usually find them in a little plastic container and the bait shop has them refrigerated. With that in mind, I tried refrigerating them at home but in a very short time I find my container full of black dead worms. I've tried just keeping them in my basement where it is cooler but not as cold as a refrigerator and maybe got another day or two out of them. Keeping them in a warm place didn't work any better either. 

Is there a better way to keep them at home? Is the containers that they are in too small for any longer term storage perhaps? What bedding options are available that may help? 

Thanks.
    • walleye101
      By walleye101
      Are Minnesota anglers aware of legislation currently in progress to lower the statewide bag limit from six to four?  I sure don't hear much discussion about it. 
    • lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      Fished Lake of the Woods yesterday during this tropical heat wave.. I'll tell you what, if you're planning on fishing in these temps, bring backup gear for your essentials (Heat, Auger, etc). Doing this was key for us yesterday when the buddy heater hose was acting up due to the cold. We had a fun day! Check out the video below:

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      I think that the primary purpose of any harvest regulation is to control the total amount of fish taken from the lake, and secondarily to alter the size structure of the population.      Minimum sizes, slots, numerical limits all have their problems with their effects on the size distribution, especially in a lake where the harvest is near the maximum level.     We all have heard of a large lake here in Minnesota with all sorts of issues that are basically insoluble in the face of the high level of fishing pressure it gets.      The best thing that could happen to Vermilion is for Canada to reopen.  😀   I don't know that keeping 4 12 inchers is somehow worse than keeping 4 17 inch fish, with regards to the population, for example.   I  hope folks don't start filling their freezers in the spring and fall when the fishing is good. (it is unlawful but a lot of it happened anyway)   I'm just glad to see that things are looking up for the lake and the West end in particular so I won't have to psych myself up for a long boat ride in order to actually catch a walleye.
    • delcecchi
      Congratulations on Retirement!
    • JerkinLips
      Congratulations on retirement, CigarGuy.  It has been 2 years for me now and I know you will love it.  Can't say I have been fishing more than when I was working, but at least I can pick the best times to go.
    • Hookmaster
      Congratulations on your retirement CigarGuy. I retired in December and it's fantabulous!!!  😃
    • SkunkedAgain
      Congratulations on retiring. I hope the final day is a long lunch and a beer send-off.   I'll see you out there.
    • CigarGuy
      Just don't keep any 12-13" walleyes😀. Can't wait to visit your bay and catch some crappies. Tomorrow, Is my last day working, I'm officially retiring. I'll be chasing them all spring. Then on to the walleyes!! Can't wait....I better add that I'll be practicing c/r, if I'm lucky enough to catch a few 😀
    • BigVwalters
      @gimruis Hey this is a feed for info.  Not life lessons.  Get off this feed if all your here for is to argue.  Also your not helping your cause by saying you worked for the Dnr.  If the Dnr had it figured out,  there would be a minimum size.  Quit being a jackass. 
    • gunner55
      They were there yesterday afternoon when we came back to the lake. I'm not sure they were running yet as there wasn't anybody down at the water. It was a cold,  wet, nasty day though. Gates were closed & had a sign on it, no visitors this season in order to follow CV-19 protocols.
    • chucker1101
      i've used all at one point or another, and there isn't a big difference that i can see, on V at least. One consideration is the "Follow the Contour" option, if you use a Humminbird/Minnkota trolling option. It only works with LakeMaster.
    • Wakemup52
      I have used both and the Navionics chips come with the 1 foot contours. I prefer Humminbird products personally, and as Raven said, the LM chips made for Humminbird are impossible to beat IMO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.