• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

IceHawk
Posted (edited)

Just a heads up to all out walking especially people with dogs. The ticks are out. I've been out shed hunting a lot and scouting for turkeys in the woods lately with my beloved dogs. Pulled off some deer ticks last few outings off both my labs. Time to introduce some preventive tick procedures now if venturing out. For my labs I use Frontline but some other options are Bravecto, Seresto, and at the least a flea tick color. For myself I use a product I swear by I always spray down with Permethrin before venturing out in the woods swamps or fields. I have had great results with this product. Hasn't let me down once!  Lyme disease is nothing to take light of as many people and dogs get infected every year. 

Edited by IceHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

expl
Posted (edited)

Definately check yourself,your kids and dogs.Lymes is no fun,I had a bad case a couple of years ago.The symptoms allthough not as severe as they originally were still show up from time to time.

Edited by expl
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

eyeguy 54

Thx for the reminder. Gotta put the stuff on the pooch again. 

• Thanks 1

IceHawk
36 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

Thx for the reminder. Gotta put the stuff on the pooch again. 

Your welcome Royce 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Rick

Thanks Chris....Gotta protect my babies.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      New yak got here today. Great yack but one thing I didn't like was the rod holders. Not deep enough. So RickG mentioned melting the bottom out works so I did that instead of a saw. Worked slick. Got the anchor trolley Installed. Love the seat! Gonna be fun when my shoulder is ready.   Forgot to mention kind of a funky paddle holder so ordered a couple clips to install. 

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Who are some of your Favorite Fishing Hunting celebrity's you watch or Subscribe to on YouTube? For fishing hands down I love watching Tom Boley the man is real detailed and informative especially with his electronics and techniques. For hunting I really enjoy The Hunting Public. Just your basic average guys busting tail and getting it done in numerous states all on public land. 
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Lets get off the Virus stuff and try and get some Topics rolling again besides that!  Have some fun again 😀What are some of the things that are long gone now that you remember or remember doing . This might show some of our ages especially some of the old timers 😂. I remember hanging out at the 10 HI drive INN. Regular TV no cable.  Landline phones with party lines. Sitting in the back seat of my parents car not a one of us had seat belts on not sure there were any even 😉 Walking to school. Pit keg party's where piles of people hung out and cops didn't bother you all the time and everyone intermingled no matter your age. Boom boxes. Being able to fish off bridges without getting hassled. Kick the bucket. Going to the Paramount for a movie. Most bridges were metal. 
    • Grainbelt
      By Grainbelt
      @IceHawk That is it, nice quick work. Did you have that in your holster?
    • Austin12345
      By Austin12345
      I was wondering If any of you guys have some tips and tricks if you catch your own minnows I have done it in the past I will have to be doing it more as we probally wont be able to go get bait I useally use just a minnow net and go to some small creeks by my house and can get about 3-4 dozen shiners and fatheads in 20 min but I was wondering if anyone has experince trapping them.
    • Tom Sawyer
      By Tom Sawyer
      Very excited about burning up the water this year. Fishing fast is an understatement .....

https://www.wired2fish.com/tackle-reviews/abu-garcia-revo-rocket-10-11-casting-reel-review/#slide_1
    • IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Think I accidently posted this in the wrong local. Or we don't have many people on here that enjoy a good book. Hopefully I'm wrong 😉 Maybe its just us old guys or I'm a minority that enjoy sitting back and letting ourselves get engulfed in some good reads. And I'm talking about turning pages not the kindle or online kind of reading  a good old fashioned book that I can take to the Turkey Blind Deer stand etc.  Lets hear some books that inspired you so others can enjoy them as well. 
      Mill Lacs thirty years on the big water by Joe Fellegy
      First Light on the water By AL & Ron Linder 
      Poachers Caught By Tom Chapman 
    • dutchboy II
      By dutchboy II
      Can anyone tell me why spearing of Pike is so rampant on Kab.? For a chain of Lakes that needs positive reports I don't understand the need to spear Pike in the winter. Seems to me trophy Pike fishing in the open water would bring far more tourism dollars than spearing in the winter.
    • eyeguy 54
      By eyeguy 54
      Been seeing a few between us and Coborns that is about 4 blocks away for a few years now.  Rare that they come to the yard but have seen one twice now here this week.  Today I got a couple pics before a gray ran it off. Had one in the mulberry tree for about a week 3 years ago. No pellet for these.  

• IceHawk
      By IceHawk
      Been doing a bunch of reading again lately and thought a topic on  Good outdoor reads  would be appropriate with the situation at hand.  Looking for some advise members favorite outdoor books they would suggest for a good read.  Ill get it rolling three of the ones I liked were
      MILLE LACS Thirty years on the Big Lake by Joe Fellegy
      Poachers Caught by chapman
      First Light on the Water by Al Ron Linder
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Sculpin
      My folks would go to St Cloud about once a month, and if we were very lucky, they would bring home a case of pop from Minars bottling. The old wooden red cases.  You could still get a cone for 5 cents at the DQ on the corner of 33rd.
    • Rick
      Welcome to FM @fishingallday   Keep us posted on how things are going in NY...please?
    • Bob Schultz
      Have not heard a thing for months now on building progress- has the panic shutdown stopped the construction or are we still on schedule for a new store by July 4th ? 
    • Kettle
      Welcome fishingallday from NY, NY? 🤔
    • TomWehler
      Guy down the bay is nice but a bit odd. I mean he is still looken for the lefty monkey wrench we asked him for in 1996.   Few years ago he told me to come see his sign he made for a concert he was heading to.   So couple days later I was passing an he showed me the sign.   It read  "I LOVE YOU STEVIE!"   SO I ask, what concert ya going to  ~ Thinking it was  maybe Fleetwood Mack n Stevie Nicks...?   Nope he said I am Stevie Wonder guy!!!   I think of this moment a lot....Big Smiles!   T      
    • gimruis
      I usually fish mille lacs about 3-4 times a year, usually in the spring before it gets hot out there.  I do not stay there, as I live within 90 miles of the lake.  I sometimes stop for breakfast or lunch but that won't happen if I decide to go this season.  I will probably still go and make a half day out of it at some point.  I exclusively use artificial lures so I don't need to stop for bait and if I need to stop for gas I will pay at the pump.   I think there will be less people fishing it because they have encouraged people to fish "locally" (whatever this means is different to everyone).  Lodging options will definitely be more limited and bars/restaurants/resorts may not be operating as they normally would.   As for the fishing out there and the regs...can't say I agree that winter anglers are able to keep fish and soft water anglers can't keep anything AND have a month long closure, but it is what it is.  The walleye, smallmouth, pike, and muskie fishing is still fantastic and there is state record trophy caliber potential for bass and muskies right now.
    • TomWehler
      In 70’z. Drive up liquor stores were just a dream. Up on the sidewalk..Bing Boom Bam... Now a reality—-just call or text order ahead, drive up n runner brings yer order right to what ever yer driving. Truck, car, horse or Moose! They have the juice to turn ya loose... 🕶 Good n bad here n just my luck to be sober 32 years! DOH!   Juice On!   T  
    • TomWehler
      I Guy drives up to the Marauder Boys n me on dock. Big new Ranger full up with toys.  “Yea hey...you live here?   Ya.  This is my place...my boyz...   ”Ya so just learning this rig an easy wondering if you Know where Northern or Pike Bay is”   We sure could....says me Musky T   After a minute “So you gonna tell me or what?”   Ohhhh ...you asked if I knew where that place is... an I do.   So guess you ment can I help YOU find it. You bet I can...   ”Well geeezz man no games here just where is it”   Well friend Yer In It sir.    North be that a way n sun sets in the West.   Keep on rocken!   Zoom.   They gone... 😎 Xzna is always on guard n We Got This Corona Crap Under Control!!!   Enjoy they day n Tacos tonight!   T         
    • Wanderer
      Always been googly eyed over the Judge!  Nice!  I had a Trans Am, a buddy had ‘68 Firebird with a built big block wedged in there.  Buddy’s BIL had a parade of cool cars in those days; Camaros, Road Runner, 442, and a big ‘ol Coronet 500 with a 440 he painted up real pretty.     Cone tops!    And the reel that wound the line on backward, but sweet!
    • jkrash
      I was thinking April 20th for ice out but with the cooler night time temps next week I'm thinking April 27th now. The ice is starting to pull away from the shoreline which is a good sign.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.