• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

www.Wausota.com 

please Call Owner Emery + Lyn Edwards

for cabins Available in spring and summer and fall hunting great!!! Also fishing AWESOME 🎣

good Luck and be safe!!!

Dan

38040B04-40E2-4E88-B029-061F34425E6F.jpeg

ED50F70A-FEE4-460B-A98A-255904D22BBC.jpeg

D1EAFE19-D4F4-499B-9C4F-BF451474BD25.jpeg

806503C9-C806-42B0-82AA-A7B8865A0710.jpeg

F747A0C6-7183-433F-A0E2-6443470E07E3.jpeg

F8754C89-F318-443B-B8C3-F259E87AF107.jpeg

0385D4B0-E33E-44CC-9D20-EBDB242FF952.jpeg

DD46FFB9-2276-41B2-B7D9-14801EEC837A.jpeg

0220C8EB-F95D-4EA5-86D6-36A2BA3A4F2A.jpeg

3473135C-30A4-414B-80F6-EC65D8DB6367.jpeg

2F723D11-0836-4110-8020-8380C600D30E.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • l Love It 1
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Looks like some mighty fine fishing @Dan Rud

Be sure to keep us updated. You can create you own fishing report club here if you'd like.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Dal72ice
      By Dal72ice
      Leech Lake.  I am wondering what to expect.  I think I might go out on Boy bay using the public landing on Sugar Point.  First are there any safety concerns, ice conditions to worry about, Landing safe?  Second what can I expect for fish? Kind of looking for some nice panfish during the day and a stray walleye or two towards evening
    • icedog
      By icedog
      I am looking for one of the PakShack ice tents that were made several years ago.  Anyone that has one in decent usable shape they would like to sell let me know.
      Thanks Icedog

• gimruis
      By gimruis
      Not sure if anyone else saw this but the statewide pheasant report was released by the DNR yesterday and its up 42% statewide.  Its the highest numbers in over a decade.  A mostly mild winter and a dry spring likely accounted for lower mortality and a good hatch.  There will be no shortage of birds...or hunters.

https://files.dnr.state.mn.us/recreation/hunting/pheasant/prospect_map.pdf
    • 2adrsuess
      By 2adrsuess
      Anyone care to share how their season went? This was my first season waterfowl hunting in southern Minnesota, and so far I'm eating license and stamp soup! I started out jump shooting along river beds, and then picked up a dozen mallard decoys and went out on the Mississippi with my canoe. Saw a lot of birds early in the season, but they got few and far between pretty quick. I've been geese hunting public fields as well with two dozen silhouettes, but the geese seem to have moved south as well. Maybe this storm tonight will bring in some fresh birds. I'm telling myself I made all my mistakes this season, and I'll give them hell next year
    • Adudenurse
      By Adudenurse
      Alright, looking for insight from some people who know more about sitting and waiting for fish than I do.  Last year I bough some tip ups and had some luck on them but now I see it appears to be all the rage to use the IFish Pro stuff and use a rod and reel.  Anybody out there feel like these actually do any better than a standard old tip up or is it just about not having a mess of line on the ice after having a flag.  Moved to MN from mostly fishing northerns on tip ups which didn't seem to care about things not spinning as smooth as these darn walleyes do around here.  Would a rod and reel system like the ifish pro or finicky fooler actually help to have less false flags? I'm at a bit of a loss here with the more picky fish.
    • papadarv
      By papadarv
      12/3/20 a female posted 4" ice on the Coon lake channel with photo of someone in a hub fishing. A comment stated someone also caught a 24" walleye in the channel. Over the years you may see a half dozen anglers early ice on the channel. Saturday 12/5 I stopped by the channel and counted about 54 anglers crowded in the 300' x 800' channed and 6 or so cars driving around looking for a place to park. Yesterday 60+ crowded the channel. Really hard to fix stupid. Walleye slot over 17". Won't be long before DNR Walleye reduction changes.

• SergeantJas
      By SergeantJas
      I am new to ice fishing and the aitkin area.  I am wondering what is the best colors and even jigs for walleye and crappies in the aitkin area.   Its my 1st year of icexfishing.  I've always been into open water before.
    • DangerDanTheFlyMan
      By DangerDanTheFlyMan
      Hi Everyone, this is my first post here.

I am looking for some tips or tricks to break down some of the water in the Northeast part of Vermilion for ice fishing opportunities. We will be up in that area for a week at the start of January and I have no idea how to know what the ice conditions typically are that time of year. We are debating on bringing snowmobiles or an ATV, but I'm not even sure what works better up there this time of year.

For people who fish up in this area often:
      Do you seem to have better luck trying the big lakes, or breaking down smaller bodies of water? Is it worth the trip to try and snowmobile / hike / dogsled your gear up into any of the BWCA lakes? If you were brand new to this area, where would you try first for the safest ice, and best chance at some fun fishing early Janurary? Or are most lakes "safe" by then? Are typical walleye / Crappie presentations good in this area? Any go to baits or hooks?  
      I'm not looking for honey holes or specific GPS locations (unless you're willing to share), but I'm more interested in how to break down some of the smaller bays and channels in Vermilion for Walleye and Crappie. Part of the fun for me is finding them on my own by putting together information.

Any tips are much appreciated, and I'll share any knowledge I learn on our trip with you all.

Dan
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      12.8.20 Sunset Lodge Fishing & Ice Update - Northwest Angle of Lake of the Woods

Hello from Sunset Lodge on Oak Island!

We got ice!

Lower than normal current levels have led to better than average, more consistent early ice conditions in the Northwest Angle. Wind and warm temps have kept the main lake south of Garden Island open until just recently.

As usual, ice conditions are always changing and there remain many areas that are still unsafe for travel. With the cold weather and little snow in the forecast we are likely to see improved and more stable ice thickness across the lake.

Our fish houses are resting on 8-11 inches of ice and are within a 10 minute ride of the resort.

Fishing pressure is low and catching is excellent! We have a very strong morning and evening bite with good action in between. Active fish are smashing rattle baits and most fish will accept a jig and a minnow.

Traffic is low and conditions are ideal for an early ice getaway, we are accepting fly-in reservations starting Monday the 14th! Our runway is marked and is currently sitting on 11 inches of ice. If you don’t have your own plane, we are partnered with Lake Country Air, they are currently flying to us from multiple Northern Minnesota locations

Beaver Air Tours: https://www.facebook.com/BeaverAirTours

Snowmobile traffic across Lake of the Woods is not advised at this time. We will keep you updated or you can check the Northwest Angle Edge Riders Facebook page for more up to date trail conditions. https://www.facebook.com/NorthwestAngleEdgeRiders

Go here for the Northwest Angle Guest Ice Road - 2020 updates. As soon as the ice road is open. we'll send an email with a link to purchase your ice road pass and you'll be all set! https://www.facebook.com/nwaiceroad

If you haven't booked your winter ice fishing trip left we have some availability remaining! You can now Book Now online or fill out our Check Availability form. www.minnesotafishingresorts.com 

As you can imagine, our phone stays pretty busy. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message or contact us via email. Ice & fishing updates will be posted on our Sunset Lodge Facebook page so please check there before calling for updates.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Sunset Lodge

• Dakota003
      By Dakota003
      Moved to area last winter and don’t know much about any lakes in the metro. Panfish is by far the most fun for myself and would like to get into walleyes. Would really appreciate some suggestions on where to go within the metro and try out this upcoming ice fishing season. 
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• crazyboatlovers
      Here are some kayak reviews. Please check this list for your good budget.
    • Wanderer
      @Pigmeat I’d agree it’s most likely shot.  Is it more than 3 years old?   Go lithium if you can on the replacement, you won’t regret it.
    • Wanderer
      Yah, the LX 3’s had a flaw that was common but easily corrected if the owner took a little effort and sent it back.  The 1’s and 5’s have been pretty bullet proof.
    • mulefarm
      You can park along Minnetonka Blvd.  The enforcement is from May1 to October 1. Just watch for the signs. Also the lot by the pickle ball courts is plowed and open.
    • Hookmaster
      During the summer I've seen rigs parked down by the pickle ball courts to the west of the access. I don't think there is a permit required there but not sure. There were spots open right across Mtka. Blvd. from the access when I've seen rigs by the pickle ball courts. Don't know if it's plowed in the winter. In the attached pic it shows this lot as parking for the Deephaven City offices which are in the nearby. See "P" in the lower left of the pic. Maybe I'll swing by there this weekend and see. I need excuses to exercise the truck.
    • Hookmaster
      Probably. Try charging it and monitor how quickly it comes to full charge. If it does it quickly it's another sign the battery is shot.
    • Pigmeat
      I think I know the answer, but . . . After running for about 3 hours the output on my flasher battery dropped from 12.5v to 10.1v. Pretty much means it's dead, correct?
    • gimruis
      I haven't fished that bay in years.  The times I did go in there I did pretty well though.  The entire bay is minimum wake so there tends to be less man-made waves than on other portions of the lake.
    • Wanderer
      I don’t know dude and I’m not going to debate it.  I’ve never used it and always came in from the lake side to Carson’s and there were always people there.     Besides a certain spot I know in that bay you now know most of what I know about it. 😉
    • gimruis
      That's not the issue.  I'm wondering where people park if they're using the Carson Bay access.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.