• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

CC2501

Good Shore Fishing Spots On The Minnesota River In Carver?

CC2501

Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• CC2501
      By CC2501
      Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me! If not in Carver, than in the nearby area, like Chaska, Jordan, etc. 
    • cg2
      By cg2
      Anyone know of lakes with decent shore fishing near Mankato? I've gone to North Shore on Madison Lake but can't find any shore on other lakes near by. Any suggestions?
    • John Schulz
      By John Schulz
      Looking for some fun easy Shore fishing spots. New to fishing as an adult, only fished when I was 10-13 in scouts. From California having moved to Moorhead Oct 18, just got fishing license for my wife and I. 

Bought some poles and gear and just wondering if anyone can point me in the directions of some great spots to fish off shore, as we do not have a boat. 

Thank you. 
    • JR98
      By JR98
      Hello, I am new to the forums here.
      I am going to try fishing on the Minnesota river between hwy 77 and 35w. I have a 14ft aluminum boat with a 10hp motor. I don't have much experience boating on the river and i was looking for some tips on what do when encountering a barge and any other river boating info that would be helpful.
      Thanks!
    • JR98
      By JR98
      Hello, I am new to the forums here.
      I am going to try fishing on the Minnesota river between hwy 77 and 35w. I have a 14ft aluminum boat with a 10hp motor. I don't have much experience boating on the river and i was looking for some tips on what do when encountering a barge and any other river boating info that would be helpful.
      Thanks!
    • tmryan54
      By tmryan54
      Hey I just moved to New Ulm Minnesota and am in desperate need for some fishing locations.  Does anyone have any recommendations for locations I can fish from shore near New Ulm? 
    • Nekamm
      By Nekamm
      This summer I am looking to fish Lake Superior from shore this summer and coming fall. I have never fished a lake of this size of for these fish before. How can I make my trip successful? Any tips for beginners? What rod/reel should I get, and what line/rigs should I use? What should I look for when finding a spot to fish? Are there any hot spots I should try in the Duluth area?
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)