• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

JR98

What to do when encountering a barge?

JR98

Hello, I am new to the forums here.

I am going to try fishing on the Minnesota river between hwy 77 and 35w. I have a 14ft aluminum boat with a 10hp motor. I don't have much experience boating on the river and i was looking for some tips on what do when encountering a barge and any other river boating info that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• CC2501
      By CC2501
      Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me! If not in Carver, than in the nearby area, like Chaska, Jordan, etc. 
    • CC2501
      By CC2501
      Does anyone know of any good shore fishing spots on the Minnesota River in Carver. Not Carver County, but the city of Carver. The river is pretty high right now, so I don't know if that affects anything. I know this one little ledge you can go to once you are inside the campground, and I have seen evidence of people fishing these, given some got a lure stuck to a log in the water with line still attached. And, what kind of lures should I be using. I wanna go for anything, except maybe catfish or muskies, because I don't have the gear for those. I did see a post the other day about shore fishing for White Bass on the Minnesota in Mankato, so would something like that be good for me? I guess my one question would be, let's say I am trying to jig with a soft plastic, how do I "avoid" the current? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!
    • JR98
      By JR98
      Hello, I am new to the forums here.
      I am going to try fishing on the Minnesota river between hwy 77 and 35w. I have a 14ft aluminum boat with a 10hp motor. I don't have much experience boating on the river and i was looking for some tips on what do when encountering a barge and any other river boating info that would be helpful.
      Thanks!
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Philco
      I just moved to Minnesota, I live in Maplewood and looking for somewhere near by to fish for catfish from the shore. Any suggestions?
    • ANYFISH2
      Nice to trip for the family it looks like. A round home here in central MN, the fish are very much in that phase of,    Bass- they are three phase right now, some are post spawn, some are spawning and on beds, other are still pre-spawn and staging.  Nice that most tactics can work on a single lake but each day is different.   Panfish are similar, most fish are still staging but alot of males are shallow and some beds are being swept.   Pike-have been all over the board here.  I have figures out a great system yet.   Walleye- are still preferring shiners and other minnows right now.  Leeches have not really produced well with the exception of the river bite.  Most fish still biting in less than 16ft of water.   Water temps- continue to be very lake dependent.  I have been seen 60-65 degrees on most smaller lakes and the bigger 2000 acre lakes I am seeing from 55-60 degrees main lake.
    • Wanderer
      Sounds like you got your money’s worth!   I hunted 3 afternoons in the C season is all, due to being too busy with work and projects or too tired/lazy to get up in the morning.  Didn’t take any time off work to chase with all the COVID stuff going on.  The bird I did get was one one the easiest birds I’ve ever taken on the first day of the last season.     I guess what I’m saying is you EARNED that bird and should rightfully be proud!
    • monstermoose78
      Well I hunted just about every weekend during this turkey season and some days during the week. I just could not get a jake or Tom to come and play. Until this morning I was watching a buck and two yearlings all morning they just never presented a good photo opportunity. I was calling and I hear a gobble!! O yeah I get the crossbow Set up for an easy pick up. I look to the west and see a deer looking into the woods. I look to the east and see two turkeys making a bee line to me. At 50 yards I can’t see a beard on either of them, but I pick the crossbow up and get ready. The first turkey has a little beard at 20 yards I can see it. They go out sight and he comes up next to the blind and heads out 3-4 yards. That tiny beard looks like 15 inch rope at this point in my season and turns to give me a spine shot. Game over a full hunting season used and   Turkey 🦃 wild rice soups is cooking!! 
    • Dave Bonjour
      im, new to this sight,and my wife and i will be going to Lake Osakis for a few days in mid June to target walleye and crappie,any tips and hints will be helpful,,Thanks
    • KidMoe
      Looks like a great time and some big smiles! You’re gonna have the kiddos rousing early you every weekend for more time on the water!
    • KidMoe
      With that detail Borch I could spend all summer trying the different suggestions and combos! Very well done sir!    I might have to venture away from Pool 4 to try out some clearer water for night time eyes!
    • smalliehunter
      couple good ones from last couple weeks.  Top pic is my pb 10¾"  Bottom photo is a ten incherfinally got a ruler with white lines that will show up in a photo
    • Djsnej123456
      Just meaning trout  waters that have natural population of trout that are born and grow in the water their entire life.  Green pumpkin, browns, watermelons, black, silver/ blue, some orange. Colors those fish are used too. Insects, Minnows, crawdads etc. 
    • Djsnej123456
      Great pic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.