Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

TactcialFishing

Crappie Coffin - Ice Fishing Net

1 post in this topic

Welcome Anglers,

To those who love the sport of ice fishing. We all have a story or two of the BIG ONE that got away. Now we can show the big one that didn't get away! Introducing the Crappie Coffin, the only ice fishing net on the market today. Born out of the frustration of losing that big fish at the top of the hole. I decided to go to work on a solution to this problem. The Crappie Coffin is the result of this effort. Placed in the drilled ice hole, you drop your jig down through the center of the Crappie Coffin and fish as always. The hooked fish is reeled up and enters through the one way passage at the bottom and is then trapped within the net. Also your sonar transducer will work normally placed inside the unit. No more lost fish wrapped around your transducer. Once you use the Crappie Coffin you'll never want to fish without one.

http://www.tacticalfishing.net

dd.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Greetings fishermen and women! Its great being back in the swing of things and better yet in the boat! Both the MN and Ontario season is now open and fishing has been great! Staffers here at Flag Island Resort have been busy getting ready for the upcoming summer months with some deep cleaning, window washing, grounds work and remodeling!

On the Minnesota side anglers have been catching nice saugers, walleyes and perch. Soon the crappies should be finding their way into the shallows around Angle Inlet and other small creeks and the walleyes have spawned out over the past couple of weeks. With the warmer temps that started out last week anglers were finding fish in shallower water between 5-17 feet now, with the cooler temps, rain and winds most of the fish have been pushed deeper into the 16-26 foot range. Points and reefs close to large land masses adjacent to sand and rubble have been hot locations. Anglers have found fish near Soldier’s, Little Oak, Oak Island and NW Point. The water surface temp has been in that 50-55 degree range. Right now it seems like everything is working from ¼ to 3/8 jigs to slow trolling with raps in the shallows as well as trolling spinners keeping on the move at 0.9 mph.

Over in Ontario, the walleye, sauger, crappie, perch and pike have been hungry. Perch and crappie should be spawning soon. Crappies are being caught around the 20 foot mark . Sandy bays and points have been best for the walleye and crappie bite while the perch are still caught in the rocks. Many pike have been caught in areas with current. There have been reports of a lot of smallmouth mixed in with the walleyes.  Jigging with a ¼-3/8 ounce jig has been the ticket and the water temp has been around 49-52 degrees.

We hope to see you up here soon!
      Until next week, good luck fishing!
      Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers
      Flag Island Resort
      218-223-8011

• feha
      By feha
      I am looking for a kayak anchor for my 10 foot sit on top kayak.  I chose the Scotty arm anchor mechanism that I'll mount on the back.  While researching it seemed simpler than an anchor trolley.  Im wondering what size/shape anchor will nail you to the floor?  This is mostly for lakes.  When I river fish in normally just drift.  The internet has people talking about ocean tides and rivers and massive lakes.  So, I'll ask you all.  What works for you best on MN water? Do you have the chain too with a release mechanism?  Obviously, less weight the better since it will off center.  Thanks.

• CastingCrankbaits
      By CastingCrankbaits
      Hello everyone! I'm wondering if you have seen or heard about Strawberry Blonde Hellcats. I came to hear about these lures last year working on Bigstone Lake in Ortonville, Mn. The story I heard was about the legendary fisherman Gerhart Block and how he used and also painted Hellcats to consistently reel in big fish. I seen there was a similar post in 2006, but not much info was given. Anyone have a pic of the original lure or one painted by block. I just bought a hellcat at an antique store. I'll post the pic of it, and hopefully some of you can give me some insight or some anecdotes.

• Nekamm
      By Nekamm
      This summer I am looking to fish Lake Superior from shore this summer and coming fall. I have never fished a lake of this size of for these fish before. How can I make my trip successful? Any tips for beginners? What rod/reel should I get, and what line/rigs should I use? What should I look for when finding a spot to fish? Are there any hot spots I should try in the Duluth area?
    • bkbullhead
      By bkbullhead
      Price Reduced to $6,900!
      I am selling my aluminum 1999 Crestliner 1750 Sportfish with 90HP Mercury boat. I bought it brand new and it was well kept. The boat was sitting on my boat lift and the lake rose 14” overnight. It floated off the lift and sustained the following damage in the storm. The drivers windshield glass was broken, frame is still in good shape. Passenger window and middle window are installed now and in good shape. The starboard side of the boat sustained  scratches and a few minor dents. The port side sustained a couple minor dents and scratches. The back sustained a few scratches. The 90HP Mercury motor has scratches on the motor cover. The boat was in excellent condition and was valued at $12,000 prior to the storm.

The good news is, the boat is ready to go. It runs great. You can take it to the lake today and use it. It is still a very good boat and motor. The interior is still in excellent shape, no interior damage from the storm (except a couple of small scratches). 4 boat seats included. Pedestal seat for bow. Bow converts to a fishing platform. Swimming platform and ladder. Bimini is in excellent shape. Mechanically it is still in excellent shape. Floor boarding is very solid. All electronics are in excellent working order. 2 live wells. New bilge pump last year. The motor continues to run excellent, have never had an issue with it. The motor was professionally serviced every year. Power tilt. Comes with an EZ Loader trailer in excellent shape, that was bought new with the boat. New trailer bearings this year. Has an excellent starting battery. Has a transom saving bar for towing and tie down straps that are included. MinnKota Trolling Motor, in very good shape is included. 2 anchors included. This is an excellent boat for fishing and family fun. With the current all-purpose prop it tops out around 37 MPH. 
      I am selling the boat, motor, trailer, and trolling motor, as is for $6,900. Located in Mankato, MN.

Message me if interested.

• huskybass
      By huskybass
      Got out on a local lake on Saturday.  Almost through up with excitement on the way to the launch.  Shallow bays were hot, but you can tell it's still early.  Can't wait for this coming weekend.  

• flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort, Lake of the Woods NW Angle 2-20-17   Fishing on the MN side started out a little slower at the beginning of the warmer temps we have been having but we have seen a 360 turn around and fishing is back to where we like to see it for the NW Angle. We are seeing a lot of nice Walleye, Sauger, Perch, Tulibee and Pike being caught in 20-26 feet on the rocks and sand. The best areas we have seen all year are on rocks and shallow, the fish are feeding on the crayfish. The best colors ave been gold, red, silver and blue on spoons, rattler flyers, ripping raps and buckshots.   Over on the Canadian Side the Walleyes, saugers, Perch, Crappie and Pike continue to bite. The morning and afternoon bite has been best for the Walleye and Crappies. The Crappie bite has been best in 30 plus feet, look for deep holes with trees nearby and 26-28 feet on rock bars, reefs, shoals and humps for Walleyes. Tungsten jigs #6 or #8 have been best for Crappies with red or pink plastics and a wax worm, spring bobbers and electronics are recommended. Buckshots, flyers, flutter spoons, and rippin raps have been successful for Walleyes   With the warmer temps and rain we have recently experienced most of the snow has melted and we are left with water on top of the ice. For snowmobiles it is recommended to have scratchers to prevent overheating. We still have good ice with 24 plus inches and the roads are still good, the approaches are a little rough and sloppy but manageable. With the cold weather coming things should firm up quickly. Check with resorts and guides for up to date ice conditions.   Until next week, good luck fishing! Guides Ray King, Dan Schmidt, Professional Fishing Guide, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers.   Flag Island Resort 218-223-8011
    • CarterJohn
      By CarterJohn
      Hello everyone I'm just looking for fishing reports in the BWCAW, Ely area. Thanks all
    • Monkster
      By Monkster
      We're a little over a week away from the 6th annual LCRA Ice Fishing contest on Lake Gervais in Little Canada, MN! Lots of great prizes, over $10,000 in prizes and raffle. Grand prize for fishing is a Marcum flasher, a Clam X200 flip over thermal and an Eskimo auger! Come on out Saturday, February 4th, noon to 3pm. Line up early for a good spot, the tent will open by 9am with beverages (alcohol and non-alcohol), food and raffle tickets. The raffle is the LCRA's winter raffle. $5 tickets, grand prize is a trip to Vegas and $1,000 cash! You don't have to be present to win in the raffle, that will be drawn after the prizes for the fishing contest around 4pm that day.

The Little Canada Recreation Association is a non-profit group that raises money to offset registration fees for youth in the Little Canada, Roseville, Maplewood and Vadnais Heights areas. We also fund scout projects, playground equipment and many types of sports equipment for area teams.

For more information on the LCRA or to register for fishing, go to www.lcraonline.org

• UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
        ISO vexilar pm me what you got and price picture is preferred 

• leech~~
    • phishnerd
      Crawlers work great for a mixed bag of fish.  Fresh cut bait like suckers or shad work great for channel cats.  I've never fished North Lake in Red Wing. Have fun!
    • Chevy Nation
      Have you or anyone tried North Lake in Red Wing by Treasure Island?? Just curious if anything have been biting there?
    • eyeguy 54
      I seen this I seen that.....   I go and correct it once in a while... LOL  somebody has to help you peasants 
    • Chevy Nation
      Thanks a lot phishnerd! I will give it a shot and let ya know how I do! I am hoping to get out tomorrow if not hopefully this weekend! Thanks for the tips on baiting also! What would you use for live baits?
    • leech~~
        ikr, who let da dang englsh techer on dis fishn frum anways! Hck evn that pushbuttom guy whos a techer ant raggen onfolk! @*!&
    • Wanderer
      I would think so.  You still need a passport too.  Seems like the only change is loosening up on the mandatory check in.  You only have to if they ask you too.   I never took an RABC to exempt me from the check in requirement before this change.
    • Wanderer
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has released a draft operational plan for management of the Sand Dunes State Forest, located in central Sherburne County, about 3 miles west of Zimmerman. The draft operational plan will undergo a 45-day public review from June 21 to August 4. Members of the public are invited to read the draft plan on the DNR’s website and provide comments through an online form; both are located at www.mndnr.gov/forestry/sand-dunes. The DNR will hold a public meeting to discuss the plan on July 10, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Big Lake High School cafeteria; 501 Minnesota Ave., in Big Lake. Members of the public will be invited to interact with DNR staff and learn more about the draft plan. The meeting will begin with an open house, followed by a brief DNR presentation about the plan and, conclude with an open microphone session. Last summer, the DNR organized a group of local residents, government leaders and other interested people to provide perspective and advice on management issues in the Sand Dunes State Forest. The group held six open meetings, and there were often additional people in the audience who joined in the discussion. These citizen-centered discussions helped shape the new draft plan released this week. Sand Dunes State Forest, established by the Minnesota Legislature in 1945, includes about 6,000 acres of land owned and managed by the state. It features pine plantations, rare sand dunes, wetlands, woodlands, oak savanna and prairie and is home to more than two dozen rare plants and animals. The forest is a popular recreation destination for hikers, horseback riders, hunters, campers and others. For ongoing news regarding Sand Dunes State Forest and future meetings of the advisory group, sign up for email updates . Enter an email address and then select Sand Dunes State Forest from the drop down list.  Visit www.mndnr.gov/forestry/sand-dunes for notes and resources related to the meetings.
        Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • phishnerd
      Welcome FM Chevy!  There's lots of fish to be caught in the Mighty Mississippi.  Plenty of spots to fish from shore right in or near Hastings as well as a little up river by the Wakota Bridge.  The great thing about the river is you never know what you are going catch. Carp, Suckers, Catfish, Walleye, Sauger, Bass, Gar, Big Ol' Snapper, Leather Necks etc..Cats are just starting to spawn so they might be a little challenging and inconsistent right now.  Try some live bait straight line rigs or cranks and keep moving.  I usually don't spend more then 20-30 mins in an area before I move on.  Good luck and let us know how you do!