• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bturck

RIVERBEND 3/21-3/23

bturck

Made our final trip to LOW and had a pretty good bite. Limited on wallies and saugs and some large bonus perch. We were out toward Knight and Bridges in 35'. Pink/white go devils, small buckshot ratttles were the jig of choice even though dead sticks outfished the jig rods. Pink jigs, gold Northland forgage minnow and plain red hooks under the bobbers. We did not catch any hogs, but did manage to release a 22.5, 3 23's and a nice hefty 25". the house behind us caught a 31", so there were definitley big fish in the area. Riverbend are pulling there houses back over Pine after this weekend, as the slush and water are starting to become a problem. Over Pine is very wet, once you pass the 8-9 mile mark there is a lot more snow cover so its more slush than water. On Wed night we went out over Pine for a couple of hours in 20' and drove in water that was over the running boards at times. The plow berms are melting down pretty fast. Still good ice however once you get past the access at Wheelers. Riverbend is also discontinuing driving any trucks over 4 mile Bay this weekend as open water has formed off the point at Wigwam.

Overall a good trip, lots of fish, lots of fun Until I pulled my ACL on Friday afternoon. My son had a fish come off just out of the hole and the old man here tried to dive for it before it got down the hole. Missed the fish but something definitley popped in my knee, so now I'm navigating on crutches until I can get an MRI and figure out what the h*ll is going on. confused.gif Good thing its the end of the season, instead of December. Tough to get old and uncordinated. LOL

Smeds, the Coors went down very nicely on Wed night. Again many thanks for the drink chips. Hope those of you who are headed out yet have good luck, be careful check with the resorts regarding conditions and hang on. Bill

PS Smeds and Dave, Big Al said he is waiting for your return trip next year and some of those jumbo shrimp again. He said he really enjoyed you guys and the spread of food that you put out.

New Yankee

Sounds like a good ending to an above average year Bill! Sorry to hear you're cobbled up now. Did you make your '07-'08 reservations before you left? If so, let me know and we'll try to hook up again next year! Bob

eskomo

We were out of the same acces, were told to go to the purple houses, sponsered by the access owner. Did not so good, got a tip by a non-sponsored person and did alot better. We will put it this way the purple cabins are not even 1/2 way to where we went the second day that were owned by another resort that are good "sports" and occupied mostly by "men". unfortunatly the road closed Saturday and could not get out there Sunday.

Smeds

As always, good report, and sounds like you had some fun Bill ... sorry to hear about the injury. Maybe Dave will put something together for you! wink.gif I figured Al couldn't forget the food ... he looks like he enjoys it! Take care of the knee, hope the MRI shows just a sprain. I'll be in St. Cloud Wednesday to pick up Dave to go to the NW Sports show.

bturck

NewYankee: I've got next years dates at the office I'll put them up here on Wed. I know for sure Dec 26,27 and 28.

Smeds, we'll find out Wed on the MRI. As long as I can get to the boat I'll figure out a way to get into it. Bill

gizmoguy

bturk, sorry to here about your acl. I popped one several years ago. Not fun. Ended up getting surgery on it. At least I did it at work so it didn't cost me anything. Its amazing what one bad step can do. Waiting on the rainy river. kids are out of school on spring brake the first week of april. Watching the reports close. The kids really want to catch a sturgeon. A whole bunch of walleyes would be fun too. Let us know how thw MRI comes out. Good luck.

Hookmaster

Hey Bill, sorry to hear about your knee but at least you got the fish. I wish you a speedy recovery. A buddy an I were up on Friday over Pine. I called you on the radio to see if you were in the area. We ended up with our 8 walleyes and 6 sauger with some throwbacks of each. 2 sauger were in the 17 inch range. We caught fish in 19, 26, 29 and 31 feet. The only place we didn't catch fish was in 14 feet in the evening trying for the piggy. We caught some on hook and minnow but most on a glow green weasel, definitely the spoon of choice.

bturck

Gizmo, hookmaster: Ya, sometimes life isn't fair. But at least I'll have one for the frying pan tongue.gif. I ahve an appt for an MRI tomorrow morning, so we'll see whats happening.

I had the radio on all day Friday, however we were up near Knight and Bridges so perhaps we were to far apart to hook up. Because of the stupid injury we headed out right away Friday night and drove back rather than sticking around and going home Saturday, otherwise we might have run into each other. Now its sit back and wait for open water. I told my wife if I can make it to the boat lift I gurantee I'll find a way to stumble into the boat....gotta get some spring pannies. Take care guys, good luck on the river Gizmo. Bill

Kaz

Hey Bill: Well there is enough of us that want you to come up to LOTW for open water, so lets try again this summer.. You gota love it up here in the warm weather too smile.gif... Why not try for the June 9th get together.... Kaz

bturck

Kaz: Thanks for the invite. Not sure if this year will work as we are having new siding put on the cabin right after Memorial Weekend. I may have some contractors around that will need supervision, or directions to the cooler. I definitley want to get up next year though, I'll see how things look as we get closer for this year. Bill

Kaz

Bill: I understand the projects, but the invite is always open.. Heading north from Florida next Monday for some fresh air... Kaz

bturck

Sounds good Kaz. Guess I'll be hobbling around on the crutches for one more week. Thank god the boat isn't on the lift yet, but I think I could figure something out if it was. Give me a shout or email my office, I can hobble into Cabellas. Email address again is a026457@allstate.com. Have a safe trip home. Bill

Kaz

Bill: I tried that E address and It wouldn't go through.... Kaz

bturck

Not sure what to tell you Dick. this is the correct address, I get emails from clients daily. HMmmm You could also give me a call at the office when you get back toll free 866 444 4994. I'll call our tech people and see if they can figure this out. Bill