• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
blacksheep

Lawrence lake ice tourney

blacksheep

just an FYI the Lawrence lake ice fishing contest will be saturday feb. 3rd from 8am - 2pm. always lots of fun!

hope to see you all there - blacksheep

DuaneW

How do you access the lake ? Where does it kick off from?

How far do you have to drag your fish house and is it hard?

Sorry for all the Questions

blacksheep

you can access the lake from the marina or just down a hill from the road, that is what i usually do.

i'm not real sure what the specifics about the kickoff are but you can give donna a call at the marina. 507-482-6615

Walleye #1

Are any of you fishing in the tourney next weekend or have any of you been down to fish Lawerence at all in the last week or so?

Thinking of headin out their tomorrow.

Walleye #1

rollineyes

Just wondering if the tourney happened or got postponed? Has anyone been on Lawrence Lake lately?

rollineyes

Walleye #1

I believe the tourney was still on last weekend. Too cold for this guy. I did make it out the week before and had tremendous luck on the gills. Nice size and even better numbers. I had an hour and half period, where it was non-stop. Good ice now as well. Most people were fishing the main lake. I got away from the crowd and found a weedline, and that seemed to be the ticket!

Best of luck

Walleye #1

Crickschop04

I was hoping to fish Lawrence in the next week. Has anybody been down there lately?

Winona Ice

Gill fishing has been good on lawerence, there are also a few crappies biting. There have been a lot of people out there and i think the pressure is starting to have an effect on the bite and the size of fish caught. Fishing is much better away from all the people. Sight fishing in the weeds with plastics has been good for bigger fish.

ICE

augern

Where is Lawrence lake located? I am new to the area and looking for a little help. Thanks.

DuaneW

Brownsville MN about 10 miles south of Lacresent witch is just acrose from La Crosse Wis its a back water to the Missippi

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Best to contact the DNR and let them access it to see if they think it's an issue before you end up with a fine.
    • iiccee63
      No, I went out the north access that you can't launch a boat on. 237th and Granda off of North Shore Trail. Very north end of Lake 1.
    • Camp and Fish
      I know there's no perfect boat for all rivers and lakes.  But, I've had aluminum jonboats for 60-years with no problems, so far.   My question is....  what type of aluminum boat do you like for most MN lakes?     I like  a 1648 boat, but undecided on the bow type....  Flat bottom, modified. V,  or Deep V?   What do you like?     Thanks for your help.     
    • Mike Walerak
      Just a heads up that you cannot trap beavers on an WMA without a permit from the wildlife manager. 
    • nofishfisherman
      The cost is for sure starting to get up there.  I've been wanting to take the kids but I just can't justify the cost for a weekend of fishing.  All of ice fishing trips end up being guys trips where we all split the costs, then it doesn't end up being that bad.  I'm guessing the bulk of the groups that outfitters service are groups of guys splitting the costs and that is partly what drives their pricing.  If they were pricing the houses and services with families of 4 in mind they likely wouldn't be able to charge nearly as much.    I can't fault the resorts as they are pricing based on what the majority of their clientele are.  Very few resorts are out there getting rich regardless.  I do however think hundreds of dollars a night for a single room shack with plywood bunk beds is a bit crazy when you really think about it. I pay less per night when staying in high end hotels in down town Minneapolis.  
    • DWBMontana
      Lease is full
    • fishingMN4eyes
      Just booked our first LOTW winter trip this week. Interesting and funny😂 reading this thread. I thought the price for a long weekend was a bit steep, but like others have said, it's guys trip so we will be paying per person. I can fully understand the family angle.   Thanks for the laughs!
    • gunner55
      Not sure, leech~~. But her health may have a play into it, as about the time he was rebuilding our place, he started just after Labor Day 2013, she had a major accident while riding 1 of her horses. The horse landed on her & crushed her hips, so bad they said she was lucky to be alive & were afraid she'd never walk again.  Her not being around to do his paperwork actually caused some issues with some of the other sub-contractors at out place. Many surgeries later ,with them having to come down to Mayo for the last, she seems to be able to get by.  I agree to in that I think the business would be easier to sell with the bar & restuarant too. Another issue is that all her good help has had to find different work & would be very hard to replace. Know there's quite a few people  that are  still hoping they rebuild.
    • Pat McGraw
      FYI May have been mentioned before but just in case, there is a ridge running from Gold Island towards Breezy Point in Frazer bay as well.  
    • bassbouncer
      Still waiting for the fire marshal to determine cause. They are working on a plan but can’t knock it down until the fire marshal lets them