• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Cleo

I am on my second whistler jig. The first one was hit so much the propeller does not work. The rock and roll has been the silent assassin all year so far. The Cicada has not produced nor has the buck shots for me. You give me a whistler and a rock and roll and I will be perfectly fine.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widetrack

• Wobbler

• Lip RIPPER!

• Big Cleo

It would be but this post started as asking my brother in law to come up and fish LOW. Then it turned into a rip fest on Tight Lipper. Then it got informative with widetrack.

I think it is Ok to talk some smack once in awhile. I usually get lots of teasing but lately it has been nice dishing some of it out!

That is what I thought Tight Lipper. Put your cell phone on tomorrow and on the way to DL I will give you an update from the reef.<p>[This message has been edited by Wobbler (edited 01-03-2003).]

Give us the cell number so we all can get a vocal report!<BR> grin.gif "FISH" grin.gif<P>At least you guys are staying in the same thread instead of posting new ones and putting the good ones on the bottom! smile.gif LOL Keep it up tho it makes my breaks pass with a big GRIN grin.gifgrin.gif<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://www.icesaws.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.icesaws.com/</A>

Hey Wobbler, for a guy who had to call me at 6:30 in the morning in December because you couldn't find your way to Zipple Bay in a truck I'm not worried about getting a call from the reef because God only knows that you would never be able to find it. I'll keep my phone on to give you directions though!

I don't know what you are talking about. At 6:30 in the morning I was sitting at the Zipple Bay Resort!

"We were the first group on the lake that day. I don't know what you are talking about" <P>Fish Toys,<BR>Glad to make your Friday pass with a smile. Can't wait to be fishing tomorrow. 218-689-5733<p>[This message has been edited by Wobbler (edited 01-03-2003).]

I can see it now... One Artic wheeler pulling the other broken down one desperatly searching for the promised land...<P>Question is... if they make it out there, how will they ever make it back? smile.gif

Widetrack,<BR>We are taking only one and pulling a trailer. I have faith in the CATS! If not you can get us back when you come out on Sunday!

CD:<P>16 is a monster reef... That is if you consider the huge flat areas of 22-29 feet part of the reef as I do.<P>There are two main tops to 16 both around 9 feet or so with a trough between around the 18 foot range. There is sort of a finger off the north top and is one of my favorite places to jig in the summer. To the south there is a HUGE flat in the 20-29 foot range, full of boulders and such. The perimeter of this flat can be a great place to fish in the 29 foot range, or often the middle of the flat in the 22-24 foot range can be good at times. There is tons of structure on 16, I'd dare say it is the biggest reef in the big traverse.

Great info! Looks like it will be a lot fun locating key spots on that reef, sight unseen, through the ice. How large is 16, when you say large? Like a mile long, by a mile wide? I'll stop asking now... <BR>Thanks again.

No I don't think it is a mile x mile.<P>I'm sure it is at least a 1/4 x 1/4 though...maybe a bit bigger.

I will vouch for Lip Ripper that Team Arctic will be out in full force tomorrow and if worse comes to worse I will put my tail between my legs and get help from a Polaris. I just can't believe this post has been so much fun. CD it is a fun place to fish. Lots of different fish to catch.

Widetrack, I thought you were a pretty decent guy untill you started ripping on those Arctic's. Man O Man, my opinion has now changed and I haven't even met you. Wobbler, let the proud colors of Arctic Green and Black take you to the promise land!

Ripper: My friends would think there was something seriously wrong with me if I wasn't carving on them about something...<P>Wobbler: I always carry a tow strap so no problem on the lift home...

Kinda off track with all the jokes, but one quick question, widetrack, what kind of depths do you find on 16 mile? I'll be in that area two weeks from today...and counting....<BR>I know how to get there, but never been there.<BR>Thanks!

I may be plannig a trip up to the pond next weekend, Do any of you guys have any GPS coordinates for some of these spots? ANy help would greatly appreciated.<P>Thanks<P>Bassman

Widetrack,<BR>Thanks for the valuable information. It really helped getting us out to 16 mile. As you can see our Arctic Cats made it back. Three of us went out there and Jig O Bit really hammered them. I did not catch as many fish but it was better than staying home. The trail had only 1 rough spot but while we were there I think everyone heard on Saturday that boomer that came through. It opened up 20 feet from our house and felt like an earthquake. I won't be out there until the 18th but I hope that trail stays the way it is. Again thanks for the info. and I will forgive you about having a Polaris.

Glad to hear you made it out and back ok. I was out there with Widetrack Jr. yesterday, and he was grinning from ear to ear for a couple of hours. He seems to think vex's and nintendos have lots in common...

That way you explained to me was so smooth. I have not heard how the way is from Babler's but that track we had was smooth. Hopefully someday Wobbler Jr. will be out fishing with me like Widetrack Jr. was for you. I just have to have a Wobbler Jr. first. I have a daughter but I just have a feeling she would rather shop like her mom than spend a whole day fishing with dad. Anyways next time I go I will let you know so I can meet you!

Wobbler:<P>Hope to see you out there one day!<P>CD:<BR> <BR>I took another look at the area 16 covers this weekend, I'd say for sure it is 1/2 mile across from west to east. I guess I hadn't thought about it before.

Wobbler, keep the fingers crossed. Might just get what you ask for. I'm in the same boat as you too.<P>Widetrack, what color machine do you drive out in? Going to be up there this weekend and may buzz over to Knight and Bridges if the weather holds on Sat and stick closer to home (16) on Sunday.

Ripper:<P>My widetrack is black and green... NOT ditch pickle green though...<P>Knight and Bridges... you are killing me. That is my favorite area to fish of all. I usually make a couple of runs out that way each winter... (more often in the summer).<P>My boy has 3 hockey games this coming weekend, so no fishing for me for a bit. frown.gif

Widetrack,<BR>Your boy plays the wrong sport. Basketball is the only way to go. I won't be up there for awhile so I feel your pain!

Ditch Pickle Green?? Come on.... give us SOME credit. Just wait until that brown and black Pantera comes screaming buy your house someday.