• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Cleo

When are you coming up? Jig O Bit and I caught over 100 walleyes and Saugers on Sunday. I Know LOW will break in your Quick Flip III ice house in a hurry. I am going up Saturday to fish.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• widetrack

• Wobbler

• Lip RIPPER!

• Big Cleo

Don't know! It depends on your dad and brother. I could pretty much go anytime except the weekend of the 25th. February doesn't look good except for the weekend of the 8th and 22nd. I want to get up there soon. I am sure the bite is going to start wearing off. I don't know about the QF III. I'd have to get a license for it. Good luck on Saturday. Give me a report!

You come up whenever. The fishing is OK now and I want you to catch a few more than last year. I can't fish next weekend but I am free after that. Nicole is going to a concert (Kenny Chesney). Jenny can go to that, we can fish!

Lip Ripper,<BR>Whenever you want to go except for next weekend I am there. I have kicked everyone else so I might as well show you how it is done too! After last year i know you are afraid!

Widetrack,<BR>My money would be on him too but I did smoke him the last 2 trips I was on. Lip Ripper should be called Tight Lipped after that kicking he took those trips. He can use his Cicada and Jigging rap but it is no match for the Whistler and Rock and Roll!

Ripper,<P>Drop the cicada, rapala in favor of...<P>1. 2/3 ounce gold little cleo<BR>2. full sized hammered gold angeleye<BR>3. 3 inch west river sutton spoon gold.<P>use 1/2 shinner minnows...<P>You will put a bobber fisherman to shame... <P>Oh and, he will really be sheepish when you do it using only one line... wink.gif<p>[This message has been edited by widetrack (edited 01-02-2003).]

Must be nice having an administrator job! Some of us actually have to teach during the day! <BR>How far is LOW from your place, Wobbler? It would probably make more sense for us to go to your house if Jenny came with. <BR>Just a thought.

Whatever works... thats my motto too...<P>For spoons... they should be almost constantly in motion... giving just brief pauses.<P>I always try to make the fish chase a spoon... if they come up for it but don't hit it, I'll let it flutter back beneath them, then try to get them to chase it again.. Seems to tick em off after a while and they just smash it.<P>Everything wants what it can't have... <P>Not try to hassle ya...I'm just funning ya...

Thanks for the backing Widetrack. I'll just let my fishing do the talking for me out on the water whenever Wobbler is around! I have a half a dozen Hogger Spoon 2000's coming from Fargo today so look out. Widetrack, we'll have to hook up sometime and slap the old Wobbler around a little. It is a lot of fun!

Big Cleo,<BR>I can honestly say today has been a slow day for me. I worked 2 days this week already so if it seems like I have nothing to do I don't. You don't have to have to wait for the rest of them come whenever you want. You can stay at our house and we will leave at 4:30 in the morning to get to LOW by 6:30 after stopping at Warroad to get bait.<P>Widetrack,<BR>I can't believe you stick up for Tight Lipper. I know he can fish and most of the time he beats me but when you start outfishing him it is fun. That old tackle box starts smoking and all he does is tie new things on.<P>Tight Lipper,<BR>The only time I fished in the same house with you last year if I remember right 17 to 1 in walleyes on Arneson's reef. Anytime you want to go in the same house I am game! Anytime you want to go between portables I am game! You just got to get out and fish when I am there!

Wobbler...<P>In regards to trying too many different hooks... that is why I only carry 3 different kinds... and my rods are already loaded, so there isn't much time spent tying tackle on for me...<P>I have a no brother good in law who is the same way when he starts getting outfished...<BR>I call em a tackle grabber... wink.gif<P>Ripper, ya it would be fun to say hi sometime... I'm generally on 16, or 12mile area... I drive a black and green widetrack and a green otter house... stop and shoot the breeze sometime you are out that way.

Widetrack,<BR>My no good brother in law hardly ever catches any fish (Big Cleo). I call Big Empty Pail! Old Tight Lipper can catch fish and when he gets hot he can't be outfished. I hope I can get to 12 or 16 soon. I hear that sleds are the only ways to get to 16. I would love to take my 4 wheeler.

I've seen wheelers out at 16, so I know they are getting out there. Mostly cats though...<BR>There were probabaly a dozen groups out fishing 16 yesterday. The trail I've been taking, you could drive an atv on without any trouble.

I wonder if my Arctic Cat 400 will be able to make it? Did your buddy say how far of a drive it was on the 6X6?

No he didn't say... it is about 8.5 miles from the south tip though. Couple of rough areas, but not too bad... If you follow the marked trail to the angle till you reach the north point, then head east, it is pretty smooth going.

What marked trail? I want to get there on Saturday. 3 of us have houses and we have 2 wheelers. I REALLY want to get there!

I knew you would get a kick out of that. How far do you think it is from the sticks to head East? Are you going to be up there Saturday?

I'd say around 5 miles.<P>I think I'll be out there on Sunday.<p>[This message has been edited by widetrack (edited 01-02-2003).]

Actually we will have another guy who has an Arctic Cat an the other guy we are going with his dad owns a Polaris Dealership! Funny huh! But of course he does not not have a sled or an ATV to use. So go ARCTIC CAT!<p>[This message has been edited by Wobbler (edited 01-02-2003).]

Once again Wobbler, some of us actually have to WORK during the day and aren't able to go back and forth on the forum. <BR>If I got paid what you do and had to do as little as you, I would be fishing more often (especially considering you catch SOOOOO many fish). It's funny that whenever anyone else comes up there you "can't believe how slow it is." Your sister and I will have to make it up there and see if you can put the fish where your mouth is!!! Don't sprain a pinky while you are "working"!

Widetrack,<BR>Lately the bobber has been catching more fish simply because the walleyes have not been as aggressive as they were in early December. Lip Ripper's dad loves the "Jigger Whopper Hogger Spoon" The angel eyes have not caught one fish for me this year. Even the old "Wobbler" jig has landed a few this winter. I will tell you that I have caught 99% of my fish on 2 lures and everybody has them in the tackle box and both lures are half as much as 1 angel eye lure. Jig O Bit can vouch!

Interesting...<P>I don't even carry a plain jig in my box.<BR>The walleyes have been smashing spoons for me... <P>I do use a bare gamakatzu hook on occasion, but only under desperation... Haven't had to this year yet.