• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fishin4Life

Best Place to Launch near Kato?

Fishin4Life

Is the best place to toss a boat in on the MN River at the 7 mile park area? How is that launch? I don't have a big ol 4x4 truck or anything so would I have any issues here?

How is the river level right now too? I have a small 14ft boat with a shallow draft (can skoot in about a foot of water).

Think I will have any issues?

How has the bite been on the MN. I know you cat guys have been having a bit of luck the last few days. How about those green carp (bass, lol) Any luck chasing those buggers around in the area?

rushing

7 Mile isnt the best launch and I havent been down there in a month but you probably wouldnt have too much problem puttin in there. As far as how the fishin is, well I have to have another decient night before I give it a thumbs up but any given night might be your night. As far as the "B" fish, if you are talking about in the river I havent ever seen one.

Where ever you put in at, head upstream.

jtk15

Land of Memories and Judson and 99 in St. Peter are your better bets. 7 Mile has a sandbar that makes it very difficult regardless how small of a boat you have.....Did it last Sunday and it was not a very good plan. Your only option if you do hit seven mile is up stream, you cant even get downstream as its too shallow.....Best bet, Judson up stream--stay on the left run, as when the river divides up, the right stream get shallow right at the division, and you wont get all the way up with anything but a riverpro or a tunnel type boat.

jk

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Bigfatbert
      Thanks Cliff for your Pike River deteriorating ice reports and pics . I. Really want to show my wife the hatchery when the action is really happening this year , I would assume you will be right on that when this happens , is there any way that you can give a shout out on here as to just when this scenario is happening up there . With the warmer temps being quite steady now , I would think the run will be rather strong this year when things get going ..  
    • biff
    • CigarGuy
      I got the 4 smaller ones the other day. They are a little over 2" long and paid only $6.64 total to my door.  The quality seem pretty good, we shall see once I put them to some use! 
    • Bryan P
      Thanks Leech! Ya you need a life jacket in a kayak. I have mine behind my seat, but Yes I should be wearing it. 
    • leech~~
      Nice video! Life jackets not needed in Yak's?  Just asking.
    • Fish Head
      Cigar guy, you got a good deal. They look like size 7 which is what I use the most for summer walleyes. Fleet Farm had all Rapalas 25% off last week so I stocked up.  I've used them a lot in the last 2-3 years.  If you fish them on rocks... you will lose some.  I try not to use them over the real bad snaggy stuff but sometimes I still do and usually end up losing one.  It takes a little practice, but they work well when you get it down.  
    • Fish Head
    • Fish Head
      Funny, I first heard of this on LOTW also about 8-10 years ago.  They're tasty but honestly I often forget about doing it. 
    • Bryan P
      Finally warm weather has arrived in Minnesota and I decided to hit the river for the first trip of the year in the Kayak. Felt good to be on open water after a very long winter. Even managed a few rough fish to get warmed up for the year!  Video: https://youtu.be/0gYDiOVH3As  
    • monstermoose78
      Spending some time in the turkey blind as it’s on solid ground. Had some jakes behind me but they don’t want to play. It’s okay as the have a free pass for now. In a couple weeks they will not have a free pass. If they would have come out I would have taken some photos. Lots for noise as everything is excited by the warm weather.