• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
i'majigger

Angle Question?

i'majigger

I am going up to the angle for a couple of days by myself and was wondering if there is a vehicle trail from the angle to Oak Island? I am bring my 4 wheeler but thought if I could drive to Oak Island would save some travel time. Also being that I am traveling alone is there a resort up there that has just sleeping rooms in a lodge as I don't need a cabin. Any info would help.

Flag Island Dan

Jigger AAangle in and sportsmens oak island both have what you are looking for.

tight lines

Dan

Bill Powell

You might want to get ahold of Frank Walsh from Bay Store Camp on Oak Island it would surprise me if the ice road is still open to the public. You would be better off with snowmobile than ATV there is a lot of snow on Lake of The Woods yet.

Bill Powell

Gissert

I second Bill's suggestion.

I was at Walsh's the first week in March, and the road was very good then. We drove our trucks out, and then Frank hauled our gear into the camp on one of our sled trailers with his bomber. You could probably get around on an ATV in a lot of areas, but there were plenty of spots where it would have been a big struggle. I would opt for the sled if you have one. If you got off the beaten path there was more snow that I would care to deal with for a wheeler. By the looks of the web cam on the yahooey site, there is still a fair amount of snow on the ground.