• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NW Angle - summer

My father and I are planning on visiting the MN side of the angle early July, but neither of us have ever been there. Does anybody have any suggestions/advice on a lodge to stay at? There will be just 2 or maybe 3 of us going.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There are great places - both on the mainland and out on Oak and Flag Island. I have only ever been there in the winter, however.

For me, I prefer to stay on the Islands. They are more centrally located, and closer to the more protected Canadian waters. If you have a windy day, it is a long run across Moose Bay to get back to the mainland.

I have had experience at two places: NW Angle Resort on the mainland, and Walsh's baystore Camp on Oak. I thought both places were excellent. I stopped in at Angle Outpost on Oak on my last trip and they seem like a great place too.

Personally i would go and stay at Oak Island Resort some of the nicest people u will ever meet. They have great set ups and just a great environment.

Brandon

My vote is for you to stay on Oak at any of the fine resorts and head to Canada everyday for your walleye/crappie festivities.

Thanks for the responses. Has anybody stayed at one of the lodges on shore (not at an island)? Just wondering how they compare...

Thanks!

I go up at least once a year in the summer. I've stayed at all the resorts on the mainland and was pleased with them all. Look at their websites and check out prices. Go from there. It's a blast and a great place to fish. Get a good map. Not the easiest place to navagate a boat even if you're familar with the area. Lots of rock reefs just waiting to take out your lower unit.