• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Extension?

I'll be heading up to LOW thur morning and stopping by red on the way, just wonder if I will need an extension or not. Also any advice on where to go on LOW, I will be staying at Zippel bay and plan on snowmobiling around. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a house at Zippel and we did not need an extention last Friday. The ice is a little over 30" I would guess. I always bring mine in case I set up and the snowpack makes it difficult which can be the case. The snow is 2 feet deep so you may have to shovel more without the extention.

Thanks Wobbler,

I,ve heard its been pretty slow on zippel. I also heard fish have been best in 13-14ft in the mud close to sundown and truth to these "rumors"?

howell151,

Read my post in the Zippel Bay Report. I will be fishing their tomorrow and Thursday. I am deeper than the reports you heard.

No offense intended, but why is it people always ask if they need an extension? They take up zero room, and can be put on in a snap, why not just carry it with? To me its like asking if you should bring extra jigs.

As for where to go, the areas around the reefs all over the lake have been the best bet as of late. Seems like the 18-24 foot range has been the ticket around Arnesons the last couple weeks. Good luck.

walleyejon

No Offense Taken. Usually I fish low in a rental where no auger is needed, this time I'm fishing portable and If I needed an extension I was going to buy one. Thanks for the replys!

Right on Walleyejon that must be almost the most common question other that where are the fish biting. Extension take up no room and aren't a bother to put on if you have it use it and if you don't have one get one because this time of the year at LOW you are close to needing it. Nothing worst that trying to fish and not being able to drill a hole.

Should I buy one is a forgone conclusion.

Should I take it with me EVERY time I go icefishing isn't even a question.

NOW

Did I REMEMBER to bring it? That's the valid question; and the older I get, the more that 4a#n question rears its ugly head.

Don`t feel bad Desperado,yesterday I left my sled key at home. Was gonna try and hotwire it, but it was very windy so I said hell with it. Scanned Zipple in the truck instead. Measured only 23 inches.

yeh but i never had to do it.looks like it would b difficult getting the wire plugged back in.i have however started boats that way, unplug them from the back.