• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arneson's?

Heading up Thursday, just looking for some last-minute inspiration. Anyone fishing out of there recently? Suspended fish, or tight to the bottom? We'll have fun regardless!

Fished last weekend.

Very slow for everyone.

I had my 2 way on scan for 2 days, and I heard a whole lot of griping about fishing. But it sure sounded like people had fun anyway. grin.gif

We struggled but got some fish to bring home. Although, a handful of them were not what I would call "keepers". crazy.gif

No perch and no sauger.

Its gonna get better. I just wish I was going this weekend to give it another shot.

Where were you fishing at (ie - 16 mile, gull rock, etc) BLB?

When I was up there two weeks ago we were at 16 mile 2 of our 3 days up there... we had heard from the guides that just about everything but 16 mile had all but shut down and that everyone wanted to get out to 16 mile... is that still the case?

Thanks!

marine_man

That was the case MM.

16 mile was very spotty.

My dad and brother were up at 16 mile today and kept 6 walleyes, very slow for lake of the woods standards, hope it will be better thursday.

I plan on heading up that way Sat. Has the snow settled any? Thinking about bringing the wheeler.

I fished out of Bablers on Monday and did need a sled. There was one pickup out there but everyone else had snowcats. I hit a real good soft spot too. The fishing was good after that snowstorm on Sunday night. Probably plowed now, but they are calling for more snow.

fishing ok, travel not good.

fisky edit.....hey admin clocks fast by 1 hour.

I'm also heading up today. Anyone have the hot lure or anyone suggestions we can try?

First time I see the resorts listing the fishing as 'excellent' for the south side of the lake. Perfect timing if you ask me!

Chartreuse jig a whopper with a whole minnow dangled inches from the bottom was by far our best last weekend.

But when I say "best" take that with a grain of salt. It was very slow.

The jig a whopper got the most action by far though.

I caught a nice one on a Willow Spoon and a shiner. They have been going after a whole shiner better than just a shiner head.

Just got back toady. Fished out of Arneson's houses on 16 mile. We had two shacks, but forgot to mention to the guides that we needed to be within walking distance (side-bets need a witness)! Tim (Wingnut) had three of us on the west side, and two of us on the east side of 16 mile. The two did pretty well Friday morning, and Tim had a fish shack set up and ready to move to for us before 11:00 AM. Fishing did slow down, but you gotta' love that quick service! Don't forget to tip your drivers! Probably 16 or 17 fish on Friday big enough for the bucket, but only kept ten (two per guy) for Friday night fish fry. Threw back another half dozen small ones. Saturday the bite was extremely slow, but still good times. We have a fairly substantial bet on the biggest fish, so for a day and a half I jigged a fairly large Salmo Chubby Darter. Wasn't looking for the numbers, just a couple of quality fish. Ended up catching 5 fish all weekend, but two were in the slot! Want big? Fish big! That gives me a whole year of bragging rights ... always fun to get in your buddies pockets. All in all, a good trip. Don't pine for the "good 'ol days" on LOW, they're all good! I highly recommend Arneson's for any first timers looking for a resort. We bounce around LOW every year, staying at different places, and Arneson's offers good lodging, good food, and great service!

I've never been out of this location. Do they plow out to Five or 16 mile? Is there any road or is it sled/bombadair only? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

Sometimes fishing big even gets the smaller fish slamming. Here is a Salmo Zipper lure 3" long and this 14" walleye hammered it out on 16 Mile a couple weeks back.

IMG_10472.JPG

Arnesens has their bomber trail running out to Gull, 12 Mile and 16 mile areas... Babbler's road (which is right before you get to Arnesens) has a road plowed out to 16 mile. 2 of us were out to 16 yesterday on sleds without a whole lot of luck... we fished from 8:00 - 2:00 and ended up with a couple fish, but it was pretty slow.

marine_man

Road is very bad from Gull Rock to Arneson's. Trip took nearly 2 hours Sun. Lot of water/slush.

Were you driving? If so, I can see why you got stuck. tongue.gif