• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm heading to Long Point for a short day trip tomorrow. Is shallower still better than deeper? Sure been quiet up that way this winter.

Thanks

srj; We fished Long Point last Tues. We caught some small sauger and walleye, they were biting soft and slow. I did some moving around from 14 to 25 fow, without much success. Last week when we were there most of the people were fishing over by Twin Islands, last Tuesday there wasn't much action over there, more to the east. Hope you find them.

Thanks for the input. I'll post the results good or bad.

Well, the results--started east in 24' on the rocks near the green buoy reef. Nothin. Moved to 25' near Twin Islands, got 1 18', no other bites. Moved half way between Twin and the resort in 22', got 3 from 14 to 17 and one nice sauger plus a couple midgets. The weather was great and I ended up with 5 nice fish. A nice day trip. The Long Pt boys have quite the road system this year. Quite a bit of snow and the plow banks are high. The water was clear, at least up high. I was kind of surprised to see Arnesens had several houses out by Twin.

Fished long point saturday, threw everything in the tackle box at them ended having the best success on a blue and white 1/16 oz techni glo jigging spoon. Finally located them in 20 ft of water East of the resort. We had four guys ended up keeping about 20 Walleye sauger mix with the biggest fish at about 17". Had a few perch and tulibee mixed in. This was the first trip ive had to LP without catching a few eel pout. Adam

srj - when you were out last, did you notice if there are any places to get off the main roads that Long POint plowed with a PU and a wheel house in tow? Without your own plow? We're heading up to Zippel this weekend, but usually make a trip up to Long Point for a day and are hoping to do so again. Last year we were able to back in here and there - it was a crusty layer then on top of fluffy/ice powder, making it easy to get stuck, but also not bad to get out with the chains. What's it like now?

Cuda, the plow banks are high. Probably your best bet would be to ask for a slot plowed out when you get there. The guys are on the lake much of the day with the plow.

Good luck.