• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Headin' up on the 5th

I'll be pulling up my 14ft shack on Sunday. This will be my first big trip with my 8 year old son (hopefully it goes well.) He's shown remarkable patience and I think he's ready. I'll bring lots of stuff to keep him entertained of course. We will be going out on Adrian's road. The word I've heard right now is to head out around 8-10 miles...is that accurate? Any special hints/tips from anyone? I've taken my shack up there once before and I was only about a couple miles past Pine. Has anyone just been up there? Thanks in advance for any responses...

kais24 I was up there on Friday the 24th. We went out ten miles on Adrains road. The bite was slow but we got a few fish in the five hours we fished. The fish that where caught by us where on red hooks with a full shinner minnow.I did try a northland buckshot jig and would really shake it when there where no fish on the vex then when they came in if I did'nt stop the fish would leave if I stopped they would take the set line. We where in 32fow. The roads where in good shape when we went out. There are a few spots out about 9.5 miles where you can get a wheel house pulled in. Hope this helps and you and your son have a great trip.

grin.gif

Sifty

I was in that area last weekend, we had the best luck thus far this year. Needed to work the fish by making them chase or getting them to bite on the drop. Seen fish all day on the vexilars. Small golden perch buck-shot rattle spoon or other small glow spoons seemed to work best tipped with minnow head. Most houses at the 3.5 and 9.5 mile mark on Adrians road. We are at 12+ and 34 feet. I will be leaving the spot on the 5th around noon after a few days with the kids on the ice. Hope this helps.

Planning on pulling my shack up on the 9th. Never been up before, just wondering what the snow conditions are like and if you guys pulling your shacks up yourself, do you just pay the resorts to use there roads or how does that work?

Thanks guys.... Strohslight31, Just stop in at Adrian's to pay their access fee and they'll give you a sheet to put on your dashboard that shows you've paid. They have been very helpful with me in the past. I'll let you guys know how I did when I get back...

Some quality fish coming through as high as 4' under the ice. I don't chase 'em unless it's a strong mark and you may get ignored by a lot of them, but enough are nice eyes to justify the effort.

Must be a thermocline or oxygen band at 15-18' & another up high.

Good Luck!