• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buckshot jig size and color??

Just wondering what is everyones favorite size and color of there jigs. Coming up on the 10-12th. Thanks.

Coach: This year I have found that a somewhat smaller jig seemed to work better as the fish were not as agressive. I like Buckshot rattles in gold, green or orange, and also the red/pink glo devils. Last week I had good luck on more aggressive fish on the solid gold Angel Eye jr. I switch up often colors and size until I find out what will work. Hope you have a good trip, post your results when you return. Good luck and hang onto your rod. Bill

I am not sure the correct weight but i just measured it and it is 1.8 inches long not including the treble hook.It is the seccond largest that they make. Gold with green and orange on the edges. I caught so many fish on that this year, including one 8lbs on that with a fresh shiner head. I`ve tried blue/glow in that size with no luck. I have had luck with buckshots one and two sizes smaller as well. This is the first year i have really tried this larger lure that has been sitting in my tacklebox for the past few years. Bought it when everywhere around was all sold out of the smaller ones. Need to get a new one so i can retire this one before it gets lost. I was out this afternoon for a while and i had a double, one on the jig just mentioned and the fish was hooked all the way down in his gills. The other hit a #6 RatFinky and large shiner, downt its throat as well. I am trying to get ahold of the new Buckshot-Dropper.

*BTW-when u get an eye looking up at ur lure, hold her real steady.

Ice: Go to the Internet and type in Northlandtackle.com when the home page comes up type in dropper in the search area at the top of the menu, there are six different colors and styles shown there. You can order from Northland on line, they will give you good service. Bill

Thanks, my jigs are on their way. I ordered my #6 ratfinkys through CustomJigsnSpins that way. Took them a while but i wrote and they said they were moving to a bigger buiding or somthin. Must be growing.