• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anybody know where this lake is. Where would you suggest starting to look for crappies/sunfish?

It's off Ravena Trail. When you come to the cure in the road take a left over the train tracks. Fish around the shacks out there. Know before you go the icy can be tricky there from constant current.

If this is where I think it is, it was on the left side heading south, across the tracks, and there were a few houses next to the access. There were a couple signs that said thin ice---but I didn't see any shacks out there, or vehicles, and this was on Saturday. How deep for fishing? To the right or left of the access?

Friend of mine wants to go to North Lake on Thursday. Is this a part of the Mississippi so that walleye and northern are still open to be caught?

What would be the best thing to do on the lake this time of year? What is likely to be catchable and how?

My preference would be to set some tipups with suckers and see about some northerns or maybe a walleye?

If North Lake is a waste of time, what else could a fishing person do to fill a nice Thursday in early March?

Most fish to the right of the access, the lake is pretty uniform in depth and not much deeper than 10' I beleive. I would doubt you will find any walleye in there, maybe a pike or two. I beleive in would be considered border water because it lies between the tracks and is connected to the Mississippi River. It usually is a waste of time there, I don't even bother with that lake, havn't in years. Once in a while you'll stumble into the crappies, nice ones if you can find them, but very sporadic. There are some sunfish in there too, I have caught some real nice ones in there but this is about 10 years ago by now, so who knows.

Post how you did if you go.

I would be targeting sunnies/crappies...I'll post the results.

Never made it to North Lake. Ended up at a backwater north of there and found some crappies. It was a great day and we got enough for a nice fish fry. Ice is deteriorating. We saw the open water widen as we watched. There was about five inches under us. The hole enlarged as we used them.

Be careful or wait until next year.

Hmm, maybe it's a jem in the sping? I fished it once a few years ago. We were skunked, but a dogfish swam up my hole and made an appearance. Yep, that was the excitement. Oh and we also took the wheeler out and explored. Not a good idea. There are channels with nice current and we found some thin spots with the spud bar before we wheeled through it. Not cool. Any who, I would like to fish that place in the sping.