• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cranks for lotw

what are some of your best cranks on the big pond. ive had the best luck on #8 shad raps and #9 tail dancers.

Last year was the first year we used them but they worked wonderful. We used the Smithwick Rogue deep down in three different colors. Last year when we were up there fishing was very slow, and it seemed like they changed what they wanted every day. But these rogue lures seemed to produce no matter what mood they were in.

Josh

Travis,

LOW Walleyes love crankbaits!

ShadRaps, TailDancers, Wally Divers, Thundersticks, Thunder

Cranks, Reef Runners and any other names you can come up with.

Big, small and medium sized depending on the day.

My brother brought up a bunch of cheap no-name cranks

that looked cheap and didnt tune very good and we caught

a lot of fish on em??????

I think the important things are to be on fish and keep

changing until you find the action that will make em

bite.

Pull em behind a rigger or with lead or clip weights,

trolling produces plenty of fish!

Reef Runners are my favorite, and the big 'eyes on LOTW can't resist them. Here are my favorite colors in order,and a couple Reef Runner fish to boot grin.gif

later,

toddb

19.jpg

95.jpg

72.jpg

29.jpg

32walleye.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

The hot crank can change every day and sometimes every hour, sun/clouds,waves/flat,......

ShadRaps #5 & 7 in purpledescent, hot steel, shiner, gold and a $1.99 bargain bin crank named Blaze® in gold or silver has been one of my best producers.

Usually run a Husky Jerk #12 on every other line. Gold, silver, or fire tiger. Don't catch as many on them but usually bigger fish.

Good Luck!

Hey Trav, have you decided which tournaments you're going to fish this summer?

I've used the deep tail dancer. Northerns love them. Caught one around 4 feet on arnesons. They seem to produce larger walleyes... Not as good of producer as a reef runner, but they do catch some fish. Nice thing is they run right out of the box... Not nearly as fussy as reef runners. They run very deep on 8-3 fireline...32+ feet.

I've had similar results as widetrack with the deep tail dancer. They don't seem quite as snaggy as reef runners when you are bouncing rocks. I wish that reef runners came in a gold perch pattern like the Rapala has. Side by side I prefer the reef runner($2 cheaper also).JMO

later,

toddb

White-Tips,

as of now im doing the wigwam,mtt on lotw. and the chamber and the fall classic on devils. i have a couple more i may enter but those are the for sure ones right now.

Trav-

You should try and plan on fishing both North Star Classics. $1,000 bonus to the team with the best two finishes combined. A nice little incentive from Kevin I thought. Sounds like Heiser might try, but for now is only planning on fishing the two PWT (Devil's & Mobridge) events.

LipRipper and myself will be at both, the Streiff's and we're fishing the MTT as a touring team for the season. The Championship is on L.O.W. and Mike Holt runs a really good outfit.

Tips, i really want to do both but that time of the year i will be working every day unless we get a bunch of rain. ive also thought about doing all the mtt tournies just cant find a partner for all.