• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fred's Bed's/Morris Point

Freddy does a very good job with his shacks and checks on you quite a bit. He does his best to keep you on fish by moving the shacks often. Fishing however has been pretty slow and thats not the guides fault.

I recommend Fred's to anyone.

Jar Jar

we were out off of Morris Point again this weekend. Fishing is slowly improving. We caught 7 on Friday 8 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. This has been our best weekend so far. It will only get better. We missed alot of fish this weekend too. Had our best luck on #8 plain hooks with minnow. Missed the fish because the hooks wouldn't hook up in them. Some of the fish would come aways up but come off.

Good to hear, thanks for the report!

A group of us are heading up Thursday morn to Morris Point.

Any depth/structure producing more than others?

we were in 28 fow. Right off of their road by where it splits for the loop towards the end. Keep one line down with a small plain hook on it all of the time. I would just leave it set and they would hit it. Watch the vex too. I called a few bites on others lines with it. Switch your other line often if it isn't producing. I changed my non-plain hook line about every 20 minutes. Plain hook with a bobber that just barely floats was by far our best setup this past weekend.

Thanks for the advice. I filled up on plain hooks last night since I usually don't carry those in my box.

Anyone have any luck watchin flags in the shallows last weekend?

I was up at Fred's Beds the weekend of Jan 21. 6 of us fished 32 ft of water for 3 days and we went home with 17. We released another 5-7 smaller ones. From what we heard, we were having better luck then the other houses around us. Freddy did a great job and the shacks were plenty warm and comfortable. We only used fatheads on various ice lures under bobbers. Orange/yellow banana jigs did the best a few inches off the bottom. The bite was very light so bobbers were necessary and you had to let them take it at least half way down the hole before setting the hook or you would lose them.

Just a tip: although I've heard that you can't catch fish after dark, we caught 4 of our keepers well after dark in 15 off the bottom as late as 2AM. I put down a few rattle reels that I had brought with at 15' after seeing some action on the vex late the first night. I wouldn't waste my time jigging all night but if you have a rattle reel bring it, or if you are up playing cards/drinking late leave a few bobber lines down.

It was our first time on the lake for all of us. We had a blast and we plan to come back next year.

If your looking for nightlife try sportsman's lodge. We had a great time there. Great beer and live bands.