• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish stole 10 miles out, what in the world?

Mr. Paceman, if my memory serves me correctly, the last time we fished together it was in my portable. It also seems the last several times we fished in a boat, well actually every time we've fished in a boat, as far as I can remember, it was mine. So now who's letting who fish with who???

However I may have used a deer stand or two of yours this fall. Not that I saw much in those "dud" spots you stuck me in...

Yea probley it was either a fox or wolf or somthing i dont know if it would help to mabey put those fish in a bucket but thats just my 2 cents worth

Robbie Stelter A.K.A Crappie Slayer

Was there any holes drilled around where you threw your fish. Maybe it was a walrus, seal or an otter. j/k

I got 20 bucks on a wolf or fox!

A few years I was fishing out of a resort fish house way out in the middle of the lake, by myself and looked up and there was this dang brown or black critter looking at me from one of the vacant holes in the house. About a foot to 18 inches long.

I left the fish house to get some air(run for my life) and when I returned he was still there, so I jumped on the floor for a few minutes until I scare him off. The resort came out with a few dogs and a 12 gauge as one of the other houses had the same visitor earlier. He was working the line of fish houses. I think they told me it was a mink and they visit the house for minnows and fish left outside. Apparently they have a smell to them and when they pee somewhere, not somewhere you want to be for a few days.

My real guess-Canadians! Gotta be careful on those border waters. grin.gif

yeah one time i was sitting outside on a bucket jigging for bluegills. All of the sudden,a big muskrat popped his head out infront of me. forget how high my buddy said i jumped but i know i flew right off that bucket!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't ever had my fish stole but I've had this happen to me, more than once, in fact quite a few times. It starts out as just a normal, beautiful, day on the ice. I get out on the lake (doesn't seem to matter where), get the sleeper set up and begin fishing. I relax, reach into the cooler (which is heaped with cold beers, probably 30 of them). I have about 10 or 12 of them and nothing strange happens. But shortly thereafter things get real foggy and when I wake up in the morning there is maybe like 1 or 2, sometimes 0, beers left in the cooler. I don't know what the hell happens to them. My guess is that when I doze off some crazy Canadian sneaks in while I am sleeping and swipes em. The weird part is this. It seems they just don't steal them, they must take them somewhere, drink them all and then finally they show me at least a bit of courtesy, (here's the strange part) they bring back the empty's and scatter them about my fishhouse. The first few times I was very disgusted but now I have come to be thankful that at least they bring back the empty cans. I don't know, haven't figured it out yet....maybe one day. grin.gif

12lb: This is very strange to say the least. You don't supoose that perhaps its Fisky or Widetrack who happened by your house and stopped to share information and or techniques and found you dozing. Hospitality being what it is in the great north country, they knew you wouldn't mind parting with a few sociable libations while they waited for you to emerge from you siesta. I would try putting out some snacks as well in hopes that they will stay with you just a little longer, some cheese and crackers, sardines, kipper snacks or Jack Link jerky could do the trick. Bill