• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Trout

johnnythunder

Heading up to Lake of the Woods in mid January. I know this is blasphemous but I like to eat Lake Trout even more than Walleye. We're staying at Zippel, using their houses, many Lk Trout in that area? If so, any tips for landing my limit each day? Thank you

Hate to say it but you are in the way wrong area to catch lakers. The only place to catch them is on the Canada side of the lake.

Froggy

The lakers are in Whitefish Bay, a little over 100 miles driving around to Sioux Narrows, Ontario by road from Zipple. Sounds like a good plan to do both. Good luck.

Yep you had better go to the Canada side for them things. A 13# Laker was caught off the S. tip of buffalo last winter, sheer luck it was. Better odds of being struck by lightning twice on a clear blue day then catching that fish.

A laker down there? No kiddin, that is interesting. I suppose that the whole lake is open to trout in the winter, but that is odd. Maybe running away from a Canadian Gill net????