• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arnesons Sleepers?

Can anyone give me some details as to what Arnesons sleepers are like on the inside, and what you needed to bring or not bring? I am planning a trip for the last week in January and I am thinking of giving them a try just to fish the reefs as a change of pace. I know that they have a website (no pictures) and I could call them too, but I have never been steered in the wrong direction here. Anything you can tell me will be useful. Thanks!

Snowman,

First off, Arnesens runs a very good outfit and has pretty nice sleepers. There is a foldup table with about four chairs for eating and cards. They come with a two burner stove top, but no oven. They have a little area in the back with a bucket and garbage bags to take care of business, so no need to go out. and the usual bunks with a mattress. We were very happy when we used them and were glad we went the sleeper route. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bring a cushion - they are padded folding chairs but we go up there for 3 + days and your behind can get pretty sore. They run a very good outfit.

snowman, Ive used them alot very well run resort, but not the sleepers, I stay in one of their cabins, ask for tips from Albert or any of the Bros, they will have good info. very nice lodge and eating area. They also have air bags on their trucks and use a air boat to take people out if the ice is bad. Safety first. Jan the ice should be good. I havent heard if the ice is bad up that way, I would call, I would also think about one of their cabins and rent a day fishhouse, come back and eat at the resort or cook fish in the cabin. Good luck

dont know about there sleepers but there cabins are excellent great resort i was just up there on sun till tues fishing was very slow.but it wasnt there fault they moved us several times a day just no fish to be caught try to get keith ogdon as a guide real nice guy and he knows fishing.used to be big shot with muskies inc.

I heard that the fish bite from sun up to sun down, and thats it. So there is really no point in sleeping on the ice right?

Arnesen's is a class operation! A group of 4 of us broke in their brand new taj mahal called the Pike last February. I can't remember the exact demensions, but lets say 12 x 24'. Their friendly guide team checked in on us regularly, we caught plenty of fish (which they cleaned for about $0.75/fish + a well deserved tip), and we had a great time despite the bite shut off @ 4:30pm. We put down the Pout lines for a good laugh at night. The guides recommend boiling the Burbot back straps in Sprite for optimal flavor, but opted for the catch-n-release...They say nothing better than a steak and "poor mans lobster on the ice"...We will be back at Arnesens this February staying in their cabins, but certainly thought about another weekend in the Pike Dream...Bring a grill, a deck of cards, some floating poker chips, and a few barley pops and you are gauranteed to be on the hard water for first bite every morning!

I stayed at Arnesons last year at the end of the season in a sleeper. The fishhouse was very clean for end of season. Bring cushion and kitchen supplies (pots, pans, utensils, dishsoap, dish rags, and towels). I arrive at 10am and I was fishing by 10:30. Friendly and efficient.