• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New owners at Riverbend??

I heard that Riverbend has a new owner? I hope they keep it the same way. Anyone have any info on this?

Yes, there are new owners, but Glen V. is still on staff. They are promising the same great service and food!

Coach: There are new owners his name is Charley. I believe but don't quote me his wifes name is Judy???

I talked to Charlie about two weeks ago to verify my 4 reservations through Mar 06. He seemed very personable and willing to provide service. Glenn and Pam will be there during the transition, possible for two years. I know that Glenn told me last year that was his intent if he sold. Hopefully everything will stay the same. Richard is gone however and I am going to miss his dry sense of humor, lots of good times with him the past 6 years. Good luck and hold onto your rod. Bill

Charlie and Judy Kasberger and sons Max and Wilson.

Same staff in the bar and kitchen, Glen is still there.

They are expanding the ice fishing by adding some sleepers.

Charlie is a pretty sharp guy, I think he might know at

least a little bit about everything. If you could have

seen him on the 4 Wheeler last weekend riding herd on the

transporting of fishermen and fish houses to and from the

lake and seen the smile on his face you would like the

guy. Maybe it was because he loves fishing and working

on the ice or maybe it was because the deposits were gonna

get bigger in a hurry......maybe both.

I think River Bend will be just fine.

Ice: Ken-Mar-Kee is the place for the place for Toco's on Fridays.. Good bar there to.. They are just down County 8 from 172, on the left side of the road going west, at Bostic Bay. I believe it starts at 5:30 or 6:00... smile.gifKaz

Curt: Thanks for the update. Does Charlie have a background in the fishing or resort business? When I talked to him I thought I detected just a hint of Canada 'eh? I'm looking forward to meeting him, his wife and the boys. Bill

Bill,

Both Charlie and Judy worked for a major airline.

They built a house over at Zipple a few years ago and

commuted from there. Finally they decided to abandon

that rat race and make their future in the resort biz

Charlie is good friends with a couple of my good friends and they both vouch for him. I would expect River Bend to stay a very class operation.

Curt: Thanks. I'm sure there is stress in the resort business, but the way the airlines are going today at least now they can control thier own stress. Looking forward to meeting them.

Fivebucks: Thanks to you also. Bill

Thanks for all of the replies, it sounds very promising that River Bend will still be the old River Bend.