• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

dike road report 12/9

Spent the morning at the dike road from 6:30am to 2pm. started off at pontoon in 12fow and managed alot of small crappies and perch and i mean small biggest being 8". theres around 3 to 4in of clear ice. Fish were anywhere from the bottom to 3ft off. saw many larger fish on the marcum suspended off the bottom but no takers. I was useing shrimpos and glow demons tipped with a gulp maggot. The demon out fished the plastic by a long shot but also got a few on the shrimpo.

Then I made my way over to the BEEF by the phone lines and never even marked a fish frown.gif so got out of there fast. Does that area get better as the season goes on cause last year i had awsome crappie action there around end of january so i figured early ice has to be just as good if not better but i was wrong. I thinking of hitting the finger lakes tommorow from sunrise to sunset. Might make a pit stop at pontoon if action is slow. anybody gonna be down in that area tommorow?

Thanks for the report Crappie Guy! Sounds like a typical trip for me to the dike road. Lotsa little ones. Way to go for getting out. I still haven't got a line through the ice. Jonesin really bad. But, tomorrow's my fix for that for sure.

Let us all know how you did on the finger lakes. That's one place I still have yet to try. I sure hear a lot about them, but never got down that way to give it a shot.

I made it to finger lakes this morning around 6:45am and fished till about 11am with not a single bite frown.gif. There is still open water in front of the culvert that stretchs for about 20yrds but found a average of 4in of solid ice in the middle. Then went to the dike road till dusk. Lots of fish caught mainly crappies but many under 8in. I did lose a nice crappie below the ice right at dark. but I just bought a new shack and wanted to give it a field test so all in all i had fun.