• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lawrence Lake and Other Backwaters

Just wondering if anyone knows the condition around Lawrence Lake and those areas? When driving past Lawrence a couple of weeks ago the water level looks to be down some. The lake is already shallow has it is. Any ice reports are greatly appreciated.

I have heard there were guys on PigPen and Visgers in the last few days. I would venture to say there is foot traffic on Lawrence now. As far as water levels go, it shouldn't be down. We have had so much water this year it is unbeleivable mad.gif Anyway, I will be making the trek to Lawrence sometime next week.

I fish pools 7-8 and occasionally pool 9. The action is heating up around here now that we have walkable ice. Have been getting some nice gills and a few crappies the last few days around LaCrosse.

I'm heading up that way tomorrow, and I am going to check out Lawrence Lake, and Bartlett in Winona, among other places--anybody have any updates on ice conditions and fishing for the area?

• 2 weeks later...

I fished Visgars for about 45 minutes w/my 5yr old this past weekend. Caught one decent bluegill, missed another. Good 7-8" of ice. Fished the northern part up from the landing. No one was down by the landing. Drove into Millstone to see if anything was going on there. No cars and a few old tracks going towards pigpen. Looked like someone tried to get over to hayshore but I didn't see any tracks going out the other side, only leaving shore. Didn't look safe to me. I heard Lawrence Lake was doing pretty good but didn't get any specifics. Lotso people out there on Sunday.

Creek Kid-

Thanks for the report. Where is Visgars located? I have heard of it but never explored it. Do you still live and around Houston?? I hope to hit the hardwater hard over my break from teaching.

Keep the reports coming.

Walleye #1

Anyone know how larrence is dealing with all the warm weather? Is the ice safe?

Im coming down there tomorrow, and i dont know if i will get to see this in time, but its worth the shot.

I might bring the ice gear down.

Hey Walleye! Yeah I'm still in Hooterville. I heard you hooked up with Bogsucker last year but I didn't make it. If I were you I'd be heading for Visgars. Sounds like the action @ Lawrence Lake is dying off. If you go south on Hwy 26 towards New Albin, Visgars is just south of Millstone Landing and North of the border by about a mile or so. The place to be has been north of the actually landing. There's only about 3 FOW. There's a good 8" of ice. Tip-ups were doing pretty well. Before first light until about 8:30-9:00 was the ticket. Good luck if you go. We'll have to get together one of these days. Drop me an email: [email protected]