• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First Ice

The Early walleye ice bite is on guys, fantastic fishing right now, there are marked trails now so take care.

Lakowoods, save some for us, we'll see you on 12/26. Will need a large scoop of shiners.. Bill Turck, St Cloud

Thanks for the info! I'm headed up there Friday early morning and staying through Sunday.

Is it Thursday yet wink.gif

I'm thinkin the same thing, The resort called and said their pulling houses out later next week. First Ice! see ya on the Lake! grin.gif

Going up Friday, cant wait. i think we will be leaving the ATVs home and driving out. Going to be nice to see all the friends from up there!! God I love this time of year!!!!

This morn the pepsi delivery driver was out yesterday evening in 21 ft. over pine by the eagles nest, buck shot rattle spoon, 31 1/2 in. 11lbs 8oz. Kewl.......

Brian at adrians said to call on Thursday before we come up. he thinks we will be driving across the bay by then. What do you think?

The way the temps are running, should be no problem with driving out by then, just stay by the marked trails. We will make ice all week here. Take care of the Road Makers! they are the ones who bust their butts and vehicles for us.

Yepper Steve it won't be too long and it'll be wide open to vehicle traffic. Fished yesterday afternoon out from Morris, we had 7-8 inches of ice out over the 19fow where we set up. Samurai's and other small vehicles running around out there already pulling big huts and smoothing the tracks.

Clarity is much better on the river and four mile bay than the lake right now, the wind really stirred up the water last week when it blew, it will take a few days for the water to clear up on the lake, but a few people here and there cught fish on the lake the last few days. 21 ft seems like a good depth. Excellant reports comming in from the river from the public access to town.

Got me some shiners from Log Cabin and they worked good out on 4 mile. I was told if i fished a little deeper we woulda caught fish earlier. Had to wait til 5pm before the bite was on. Just set up and hoped for the best and the results was good. Brian

Just got back. We went out of Morris Point in about 17-18 feet of water. Good AM and PM bite. Late morning and afternoon was slow for us. We were having wheeler problems otherwise I would have tried a little deeper. Only one sauger the rest were all walleyes. Where's the Saugers??? Anyway going back next weekend. Any reports will be good!

By Wilson Creek area they are in about 15ft. , up toward town by the airport landing they are in 8- 14 ft. in Four Mile Bay in front of Wigwam 6-7 ft. soon as the river channel ice get thicker that will be a hot spot in 9-14 ft. there are a few houses on the river now so know where your going before you venture out.