• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW Resorts/ good experiences/I'm booking soon.

I'm looking at booking a trip for the weekend of 20-22 of January and would appreciate if anyone has a particular resort where they have had good experiences. It helps to make the decision easier! Thanks!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I've never had any trouble catching fish out of Zippel Bay. you can also do a search for LOW resorts and get plenty of help there.

Usually if there is a band its either at sportsmans or wigwam. I dont know much about those two resorts. I delivered bait to ships wheel all summer long and really dont know much about them. Border View is always a great place to go to and they are always on fish. Adrians has houses you can rent and you drive out there yourself if you like that or not. Ken Mar Ke is a nice little place but it isnt a river resort. They have one of the best guides on the lake working there Chris Ford. Riverbend is a great place to stay but they are under new ownership so i dont know if it is gonna be all new staff or not but i heard Glenn is still gonna stick around there. Zipple Bay is by far the nicest resort on the lake they have quite a set up. But the problem with zipple is it is all by itself on the lake and you have to drive about 5 miles till you hit Cyrus, Randalls, KMK, or Morris and another 5 miles after that to hit the rivers resorts. Sportsmans and wigwam are the big party resorts if you like to do that or if you have an early to bed early to rise deal then i would stay at zipple. Hope the info helps you out on finding your spot.

Brandon

I talked to Charlie last week the new owner at Riverbend just to confirm all of our trips for this year. He seemed to be a very personable guy. He did say that Glenn and Pam will be sticking around for awhile during the transition period. We've been going there for six years 4-5 times per year. Always good service, good food and we've always gotten our fish. This is a nice econimical resort where if you want to fish more than play you'll be happy. Shouldn't be long and the reports should start to show up. Good luck and hold onto your rod. Bill

The last two years I have been to LOW on or around the 20th of January. I stayed and fished out of Adrian's and had really good fishing! I like the fact that I can drive my own vehicle out there on their NICE road, and I can come and go as I please. If the weather is good, they leave you alone out on the ice. If the weather is not so good, they will go out and check on you. They give you a map of where their fish houses are, and which one you get to fish out of and their houses are VERY easy to find. (The "Barney" house is my favorite). If you want to drive yourself, then I recommend Adrian's. They do not have bomber service.

shipswheel is a nice place to stay they have new cabins this year for larger groups easy access right on the river and the owners are really nice people

LOW_Hunter_11,

What about the Nite Hawk? Is that a good place to hang out in the evenings? I'm staying at Zippel.

Thanks for the info guys! I have been to Borderview but I'm taking up three novices and want it to be a good experience all around for them. I really liked the accomadations at BV but was wondering about the rest of the resorts and would really like to give an FM sponsor my business if I can and hopefully hook a few more ice anglers and get them wanting to get out every chance they get let me! Thanks again!, keep the info coming as I would like to book with someone this weekend, before everything fills up on us! Thanks again!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I have stayed at two resorts up there during ice season - Sportsmans Lodge and Schusters. For me, I prefer Schusters, as I feel it is a better bargain. Sportsmans felt more like a resort to me and was quite busy. Just my 2 cents.

Ya its not to bad there will be some people there but not many. If i were you i would just go to sportsmans or wigwam.

Brandon

If you have all of your own equipment and don't mind a little extra drive go to Warroad and stay at one of the motels there and have the Prime rib at the American Legion for dinner!!!

If not stay at Sportsmans and say Hi to LuAnn

Thanks guys! I am going to call today to get my reservations and I'm leaning toward Zipple Bay right now. I have been to borderview before and they have a nice operation but I'm just looking to see what the other resorts are like. I'm more of a early to bed, fish hard all day kind of guy. Plenty of time to have a brew after the sun goes down but I'm up there to fish and fish hard!

Tunrrevir~

i would have to give another vote for borderview. my dad and i have been going up there for quite a few years and have always been treated right and on fish

Cooper71, I am planning on going up to Borderview that weekend with two novices. Your sleepers look great! I checked them out on this site and may very well book one later in the year. Thanks Tunrevir~