• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW report

icemiester71

Kaz and all.

Lets stay loose for now on where to set up next weekend.

We can go anywhere the best reports are from, a good

decision to make next week.

A full blown fish fry out on the ice is a large project

to take on. Jeff Beckwith said he could bring a grill

and we can stop fishing over the noon hour to cook hot

dogs and maybe warm up some chili or soup.

If someone has something we can cook on that isnt a big

problem to bring along holler now and we can plan for it.

Every one can bring what they want for lunch and we can

mill around on the ice for an hour or so at midday and

make evening plans

?????????????????????????????????????????????

What do you think

What I am suggesting is NO fish fry Saturday and

depending on the size of the group in the evening

a warm place to sit and visit......

Curt, I'm posting on-line from the Walleye Inn as I write ooo.gif Just got up here from St.Cloud around noon and was out until dark. Not much going for our group. Maybe 12 fish total over Pine Island in 19 FOW.

Talked to several groups and same report for a whole day of fishing shocked.gif

I'll be out tomorrow and Sunday. Will have the talkie on 7/11. We'll be out all day and over Pine Island trying in the 15 FOW then.

Keep me posted on how you are doing for the day. That goes for everyone else, stay on 7/11 and we'll stay in touch.

For those coming up, Adrian's hadn't started to have a fee on their access, but I'm sure that is going to change this weekend.

Most people are parking right off the access and driving wheelers/sleds out to the other side of Pine. A snowmobile WILL work up here as there is a good amount of snow on the lake. Not a lot, but enough for traction and keeping your motor cooled.

I couldn't believe the number of people already on the other side of Pine Island shocked.gif

There are 2 trails marked from Adrian's access, one goes to the west and the other goes more east off of Pine Island.

Steve at Log Cabin stated stick with the east trail as the water is not as stirred up there.

Good Luck.

Capt.BRK Tnx for the rpt.. Does Walleye Inn have wifi, or connections in the room???? We travel with a Laptop with wireless or Cat5, but haven't found any signals up there.. Good Luck fishing and keep the posts coming.... Kaz smile.gif

Well, it was nice to sit in the Otter but for early Dec it was slow for us. Went out of Morris Pt, move three times trying 23, 20 and 17 feet. Only two nice ones and not many little guys. We could only fish from 10:30 to 2:30 so we sure weren't there for prime time but this time of the year It should of been better! The water clarity wasn't bad at all but we talked to some guys that had been at 10 feet the previous day and they said it was still dirty where they were. The chatter on the FRS sounded like it was slow for most. When we got back to Morris, the guys we talked to also reported a slow bite. Lots of moving around at least on the west end of the houses. Sure a lot of houses off Pine. 9 plus inches of ice. Next time!!

Actually Walleye Inn has a desktop computer in the lobby for guest to use. Speed is fast!!!

Fishing today across Pine Island again and had much better luck than yesterday. Between group of 5, we iced over 60 walleyes/saugers for the day. Biggest was 20 1/2".

Bite happened mainly until 1:00pm and then things just shut down. The one guy did manager to catch several between 2 to dark, but that was it. The best bite for me was between 10:30-12:00 and I caught all 11 in that span.

Similar time frame for the others in my group as well.

14-17 FOW seemed to be the ticket. We'll try it again tomorrow and then head home for the weekend.

Hey Capt. I live just across the road from the Walleye Inn. I was out there too today but I think we got out there too late. A friend and me only fished out there for about an hour and a half from about 1pm to 2:30-2:45 or so, the other guy caught one little 'eye and a couple bites was all we had so we loaded up and headed for the Bay (4 mile). Got the portable set up and we had our lines in by 4:15 and got some action right away. We ended keeping 4 'eyes and 2 saugers. The other guy let one go that was about 20 inch or so but the other ones were 15 inch range. Nothing to brag about but I'm sure they will taste good. Probably head out there again for the evening bite. I will have to take my Rino and see what others are saying. Good luck fishing! Brian

Hey Captain BRK, bet you're hooked now that you've had a chance to get up there eh. Two weeks from tomorrow for us, we'll keep watching the reports. Thats the great thing about this site, a lot of super people giving a play by play account. Can't wait for that first bobber to disappear. Good luck and hold onto your rod. Bill

Question here. First time up to LOW in a couple weeks and I am wondering where Pine Island is? Which access will get me there? Any help would be apprecitated. Thanks

I have only been up a few times but if I'm not mistaken pine island is about 2miles off shore from wheelers point. If you stop at adrains resort they will let you on thier road which goes over pine island. thier access is just to the west of wheelers point resort. And if you still are unfamiliar with what I am talking about it's in the far SE corner of the lake.

Pikester,

Get a Lake of the Woods map and get the "lay of the land"

a bit in the next couple of weeks. It'll help you enjoy

the trip a bit more knowing some of the landmarks.

Have a great trip!!!!!!

Interesting Saturday and Sunday for me.

Didnt get to the lake until after noon on Saturday.

Had the new Otter, the 4 wheeler and Snowmobile up for

the first time and had an hour or so of "what goes where"

before I could get out.

About the time I was ready to go the wind was blowing

pretty good and visabiliy was not real good. I followed

the marked trails as good as I could and, with luck, wound

up the EAST trail. By the time I got set up it was 3:15

and I decided not to be out after dark so I packed back up

at 4 and went in......fishless!

Sunday, up early, breakfast at Riverbend and on the trail

before 8am. I stayed on the west trail this time and

wound up out by the Riverview houses and by the time I got

fishing I realized it was deeper. After a bit, with NO

fish on the depthfinder and NO bites of any kind I decided

19 feet of water really did suck.

Packed it all up and moved a half mile to the east where

I was the day before and at 9:05 was fishing again. In the

next 40 minutes I caught 6 fish, 5 green 1 brown. At 9:45

the bite stopped and at 10:30 I packed it up and left.

Never got a bite on the bobber line, everything came on the

spoon.

Everything worked like a charm, so I was happy about that.

I drilled my first holes with the Strikemaster Lazer Mag.

It was by far the easiest fishing holes I ever drilled and

I have been using Strikemasters for many years. The first

holes on new super sharp blades are amazing!

See you all next weekend!

The Lakemaster Map of LOW is great!!!!Hey did you all

hear the new Lakemaster project is RED LAKE. The map

is out now, the Chip is due after the first of the

year.

Got back From the big lake about 6:30. Ran the fish house up there and fished Saturday evening for a little bit. No fish. Fished today and caught 3 aaverage fish all day. It was nice to be out on the lake. Can't wait for this next weekend. See you all there.