• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOW report

icemiester71

went out of morris pnt this afternoon(thursday 12-1) on a snowcat.slow fishing,only 3 but i think i was too deep.late in the afternoon i headed in closer to 12 feet,notta bite but by the time i got situated it was too late.shoulda stayed put.very rough ride out but they were working hard on the roads and the landings.hard to believe but ther was a bronco out ther smoothing out the road.its like giant cornflakes everywhere but not as bad when u get a ways out.

fishing today was better,filled out in about 3 hours. quality fish too. no saugers. lotta mixxed reports. notta lotta fish commin through but mosta the ones that did were biting. bobber out produced the jig 3:1. Gonna hit it hard in the mornin.

Thanks for the report, ice. I assume you went out of Morris again?? Here any ice reports from the Long Point area?

Thanks again,

yup,morris pnt, 19`. I imagine they r lettin people out early at long point...like the one year the ice broke and everyone floated out to sea shocked.gif(weren`t they killin `em tho?). havnt heard anything tho but will try and find out.

very slow today, 2 semi-little ones. (keepers by LOW standards). fished all day, one in the mornin and one in the afternoon. lotsa fisho comin through at about 4:30. missed a dandy. plan on just drivin my truck out saturday. lotsa snow.

***The DNR should never have lowered the creel limit. What they need to do is raise the minimum size limit to 15 inches. The baby walleyes that come out of this lake is proposterous. This is the issue that is keeping a good fishery from becoming a great fishery. (opinion)

fished along the south shore today a ways east of longpnt.to make a long story short,got skunked.gonna hit it hard saturday.supposed to b real nice out.

Geez.....these aren't fantastic first ice reports icemiester71, what's going on up there?

Doesnt sound like crazy fishing yet, but thanks for the detailed Reports Icemeister, keep up the good posts.

well sunday was good...

-gotta feelin bout saturday laugh.gif

hear someone got a real nice one offa adrians road or somewhere out past the gap

Hay Cap. B.R.K. I see your going up Friday. Where you staying? Im also going up Friday and staying at Adrians!! cool.gif

Called Zipple yesterday and they just put their houses out. Water was really churned up and clarity was an issue. Not many fish was the report I got. 11" in the bay; 9" to 20 feet. I hope the water settles some otherwise from the reports it sounds like it will be slow for awhile.

Im coming up on the 16th to fish from Sportsmans in sleepers, do you guys think the water will be cleared up by then? also do you guys have any fishing tips for the early season? thanks

only ice- going to be staying at the Walleye Inn in town there and probably going out of Adrian's access. I'll have my talkie tuned into channel 7. Definately give me a jingle to let me know how you are doing!

I'll be one of the many wearing an Ice Armor suit! Just look for a little blue spec on the horizon and that will probably be me grin.gif

BRK: Any chance you can do a repeat the next weekend???.. We're having a get together on the 17th. It's going to be a lot of fun...Kaz

Thanks for the invite Kaz.

Unfortunately this was the best weekend for me to get up and fish the big lake. Next weekend starts a series of weekend family holiday events for me smirk.gif

Sounds like you've got a good number of people attending. Good Luck and hopefully you'll have a great time!!

Ok Cap. 7 it is . Will call and see how things are going. Good luck. Also Im Calling Adrians today and talking about the ice for trucks. I will make a new post when I get the info. Will call it Adrians Road!! cool.gif

Only Ice and BRK, you gonna be on straight 7 with no subtone?

Only Ice, iffin you call Adrian's we have a post going regarding 'truck on LOTW', you could post on. Probably be a week or so before the roads open to vehicles.

Heading out today about 11am and will be on the eastend ice somewhere's thru Sunday. Talk at you on the radio anyhow.

Good luck.....fiskyknut

I will be on 7, not sure what subtone is? I realy do think that road will be open by Friday!! Cross your fingers. So much better than wheelen arcoss the bay when its cold.Have a windshield and hot grips on my Kingquad but the truck is a bit warmer.

i plan on drivin my truck out sat.shouldnt b a prob w/ these temps.gotta fishouse to haul out and cant take the sled and house both with me so heck with it.

i dont think the clarity is that bad at least at morris it aint if u get out there a little ways.the further west u go the worse the clarity and the breakup is.

only ice,

your truck is only warmer than your quad till your truck goes down, the water didn't freeze because it was warm!

Hey Fisky. I'll be up tomorrow out of Morris too. Won't get on the ice till around 9. Two Hondas-one green one blue-and a little otter and another popup. We'll be east of Morris more out in front of the washout. If you are out and around, stop by. No radio yet. Are you portable or permanent? Will post when done.

Steve, we will be out with 2 or 3 Polaris atv's 1 pulling a sled trailer, a black shappel suitcase, a homemade suitcase 6x8, and a flop over tub type, green I think. I'm in green guidewear always. We could be anywhere from 4-mile over to Graceton depending on day/time. Go grab youself a cheap frs radio if you got time maybe?

For all....The road at Morris is NOT open to vehicles yet, maybe next week they said.

Just got off the phone with Adrians. they told me that some trucks are driving, but they sugested that we bring a sled or wheeler. If a truck breaks through, you will wish you had one.Going to listen to locals and bring up the wheeler!!

We'll be going out of morris saturday morning. I'll be on a green zr with a purple otter sled. I'll also have the radios with and tuned to channel 7.

I think I'm going to try pickup an FRS this afternoon. And the blue Honda turned red! Good luck.

I will be out Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

It looks like Morris Point at this time. I will monitor

7-11 on the FRS.

More than likely on an Arctic Cat Wheeler pulling an

Otter fishhouse.

Hope to see you

Hey Curt: Where are we setting the group up on the 17th??? I'll be up with Chris Hanson on Thursday afternoon... Should we do over Pine or Morris??? Kaz

Fished yesterday afternoon across pine and heading out shortly. Had to work for a few hours this AM. Seems like there are 10,000 fish houses out there already. Fishing was pretty decent. Everyone, 14-18 feet of water anywhere from Morris to Lighthouse. It doesn't matter. Pick a spot. Anything gold seems to be the thing right now.

I'll be up there 12/16 through the weekend, staying at Border View. When do guys start venturing further out, like to the reefs? I've only fished late season and have done well on the reefs. I have some rookies with me, so I'll be putting them in the permanent but will have a sled & portable am willing to explore a little. If the bite is good enough off of Pine and around that area, it's a moot point.

I got a call a bit ago and things are really poppin over

Pine in 15 FOW. The water has cleaned up good and the

fish are biting real good.

I am amending my earlier post, I will now be out over

Pine in...........yes thats right 15 feet of water.

Will be on 7-11 FRS