• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any reports on the ice by Babblers?

I am trying to get up their the weekend before Christmas and I am curious to hear about how the ice is now. I am confident that 3 weeks from now the ice will be safe (at least for a portable). Thanks for any info

A little early yet for Babbler's. Normally Babbler's to Long Point is one of the last areas to freeze up. We have 25+ mph winds out of the north today. So what ice had been made will not be in too good of shape. Temps are going to be dropping all week, so if we can hold off these high winds, things will start to come around.

See my post titled 11/28 report. I'll give daily reports from Warroad as I am in town.

Hi all,

Been up to LOW many times the past 5 years or so and sometimes hear people talking about "Babblers"......but have never figured out what or where it is. Is it a resort over by Warroad? I would appreciate any info on this area.....Thanks!

Skyndalive!

I know you man! Uh... Greg, correct? What's Koop up to?

Babblers is right next to Rocky Pt. About a block in a half before you get to Rocky Pt, there is a sign that says Babblers Rd Lake Access or something like that on the right side of the road.

Babbler plows a road out to Gull Rock, 12 mile & 16 mile reefs. That is the only road that accesses this part of the lake. Last winter, the ice conditions were soooo choppy and busted up that he didn't plow or maintain the road.

Lets hope for a good freeze this winter. Good fishing out that way.

Hi Hanson.....long time-no see! How have you been?

I talk to Koop now and then, but not as much as I used to because I've been away from that company for 4 years now. Going to have to get him out on the ice this winter.

Thanks for the info on Babbler's.....going to have to try that area if it gets plowed this winter.

Looks like you guys have got some get-to-gethers planned already. I would love to attend some of those this year. Sounds like a great bunch of guys that share my greatest passion......fishing the hard water!

Greg-

Indeed! Maybe we can all get together for a little rendezvous on Holland again? I haven't been over there for a couple years. Otherwise, I've got some spots on Medicine Lake by my place that are very productive.

The early ice LOW gathering is the 17th of Dec. I will be up there for 3 days for sure. Then the late ice gathering is mid-March.

I will also be up to LOW over X-mas sometime as well as New Years. I can't pin a date down yet on those weekends. Kinda going with the flow.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want.