• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will I get out on the 9th?

Have did this first trip around this weekend for 20 years. Some years we drive our trucks and some we had to walk out from Wheelers and fish the bay. Would like to see at the least that we can wheel over to Pine and fish the lake. You locals have any thoughts about what might be going on by then?? I know that the wind has to calm down and the temps stay down at night, but any news about the lake being froze and how far out? Thanks! cool.gif

Hey only ice your not the only one wanting to know about ice conditions for that weekend. I am also making the the journey up on the 8th (late) hoping to fish the 9th, 10th, and 11th. I looked at the Sportsmans web cam of the river and it appears to be froze over. Does anybody have a report on the bay or the lake maybe in front of Morris Point. I just need some info to tell my brother that there will be ice (since the BOY backed out of this trip must have a big honey-due list or something HA! ) I hope to hear some good news today. From the weather report of the internet the temps look good. I have to get back to sharping my auger blades.

Thanks and ice keep on a coming. wink.gifwink.gif

I can't speak of the river or the bay but there is a lot of ice starting to float on the main lake. A lot of liquid water as well, but everyday it looks like their is more and more ice. Yesterday it was frozen hard in the morning for a few hours then the wind started moving it around. Temps are going to stay cool, below freezing, for the next week.

At least thats what it looks like from Birch Beach/Long Pt.

I hope there is ice for you guys. We have a trip planned to Red early next month and I know how it feels waiting for ice. Especially when time off from work is all lined up.