• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thanksgiving

turiprap

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I'm thankful for all the fly fishing opportunities we have here in the Midwest, but I'm really thankful for the abundant and high quality trout fishing available in Minnesota and Wisconsin's Driftless regions. Despite the challenges created by urbanization and changing agricultural land use practices, this fishing has continued to improve. I'm thankful for the folks responsible for this improvement - conservation organizations like Trout Unlimited, the Ikes, MTA and numerous local sports clubs and to the Departments of Natural Resources in both states. The DNR people don't bat a thousand (None of us do), but they work awfully hard in an often politically hostile environment and are mostly underappreciated.

Quote:

The DNR people don't bat a thousand (None of us do), but they work awfully hard in an often politically hostile environment and are mostly underappreciated.

Thanks for the appreciation. A lot of times it seems we're darned if we do, darned if we don't, on some of our projects. It may not seem like it to all of you, but we ARE trying to help! smile.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!