• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

warning...I've never fished the river before

Since I'm primarily a bass fisherman that is the equipment and knowledge that I mainly posses. I was wondering if there is a "fishable" largemouth or smallmouth population around Shakopee? Also, is there a fishable pike population? I understand there are some truely huge walleye and cats, but even after months of reading the posts under this forum I don't have much confidence giving that a try.

I wouldn't say there is. You are better off fishing for walleyes right now. With this cold weather we had, it should be pretty simple. Find a deep hole and vertical jig it. Should get you a few.

Maybe I'll have to expand my horizons a little bit and try that. Who knows, I might even enjoy it.

I fish the Shakopee area and have only caught two largemaouth and one smallmouth in about 18 yrs.

Willys right about the walleye and its basically that simple too! grin.gif