• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Walleye

Did anyone read the article about the old walleye that the DNR caught on LOW?? It's in today's Mpls. Star Tribune.

"The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources says a 29-inch walleye sampled during a population assessment was found to be 27 years old, breaking the lake's previous record of 24 years".

Zelek did they say if that was typical for the lake? Was it a large male? It seems like a lake of LOW size would grow them faster than that? I'm assuming it must vary between fish.

~piker

2 years ago I hooked on to a 31.5 inch walleye with a 19.5 inch gearth.How old is that one?I have always wondered.

Took it to be mounted,have been waiting for 2 tears to get it back,they said they could not find the right body for it