• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Fry

I just booked a sleeper thru Arnesen's for the upcoming ice season. I was told the only things in the shacks are bunks, a heater & lights. We are stopping at Winnie for perch on the way up and would like to have a fish fry out on the lake. How do you guys generally fry up your catch. I don't know how much stuff we can really bring being we will be hauled out with the bombers. Would a turkey fryer and kettle with oil be a bit much to take? Would it be a good idea to take an auger out with us or is that prohibited? Thanks.

Bear - in my infinite experience (two sleeper trips grin.gif)we just hauled a big fry pan and a quart of oil(cast iron is good) and ended up not using it as the kids wanted frozen pizza confused.gif If the shack doesn't have an oven you'll need the fry pan anyway, or a cast iron dutch oven for stew/chilli would serve both purposes.

New Yankee: When are you headed up for your first trip? We are coming up on Dec 26th for three days and then back again on Jan 16-17-18 and a trip in Feb and March as well. Hope to hook up with you one of those dates. Are you and the family doing the sleeper trip again? Bill

bearplott,

We stayed at arnesens two years ago and had a great time in their sleepers. We brought a pan and some oil as their sleepers do have a propane burner for you to cook over. We also made venison fajitas and grilled cheese in the house. They do not limit you to only a few items as long as it is within reason of what the vans can handle. Hope I answered your question, if you need more info let me know.

BT - asleep at the switch I guess smile.gif

I've reserved 1-15 through 1-17 at the same place. Had one cancellation, but hope to replace. No sleepers this year. Wife said 'been there done that' and not again! LOL!

New Yankee: Hope to run into one of the days that we cross paths. My wife will be with me on that trip. She can't wait to outfish me again. LOL Bill

I look fwd to it Bill, I'll have my little man w/me if all goes well, so we'll both have some one to keep an eye on us wink.gif

Bob