• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey widetrack! that time of year again

Widetrack,

It's the time of year again when I pester you for the fall sklunge report on LOW. Got any great reports or brilliant insights?

Scoot,

I spent 9days in October fishing Muskies... The 15-23rd.

Water was warmer then I would have liked, and also pretty dirty for that time of year...

We did catch a couple of notable fish with a 49, and a 54, other then that it was a fish here, and there with a fish a day average...

Right now I'd rather be fishing then hunting, but I have a 12yr old son, and he has been putting the hammer down on deer... One of these years he will be old enough to tough it out there in a boat this time of year, but I don't want to ruin him on fishing by making him miserable out there... When he is ready we will combine hunting deer, and hunting muskies at the same time... Looking forward to that...

Recommendations? Pick the right day... Falling barometer with weather moving in has always been best as far as catching them goes, with most of my luck on points. Trolling 10inch Jakes, glitter perch, firetiger, and Tennessee shad being the best colors.. On bluebird

days, I'd recommend fishing walleyes, or Crappies etc... Muskies don't cooperate too well for me on those days...

I'd would have loved to been out there this morning in the snow/wind... It was a good day to catch a 50lber....

Patience, perseverance, location, and timing will score you a big one this time of year.

Good luck!

Thanks WT. I'm headed up there later today. I think Friday will be spent chasing walleyes for the most part. If it works out, would you be interested in joining me for some toothy critter chasin' on Sat? Not 100% sure I can swing it, but could probably make it work. If you're interested and able, give me a phone number to call and I'll give you a shout tonight or tomorrow. If not able, no sweat.

Scoot

P.S. If it works out to go, I promise to not wear any Bison gear!!!

Scoot,

If you are at the Angle, stop in at my fish camp and say hi. I won't be able to go fishing as I'll be hunting with my boy, but I'll take you up on the offer another time.

I'm heading up there this evening as well, and will be at the Angle through Sunday.

Scoot, if your serious about wanting to learn about those LOTW skis you may wanna hire a guide for a day. There are some darn good guides up here that have been at it for a long time and really know the pond, you would probably learn more in a day than you would in a season otherwise.

Maybe give one a shout eh?

fiskyknut

fisky- I hear ya. I know a couple of them and yep, there are some definite smarties up there who really know there crap- Doug J and Bill S are obviously a couple of the best in the business. Not that I'm a complete novice- I've been fishing LOW since the mid 70's and took my first trip into muskie waters in '76 (or maybe '77).

WT, never made it up your way. Never made it into sklunge country at all. I ended up fishing with my dad for eyes in the River. Lake was plenty dirty after the big blow and struggled out there. We caught lots of fish in the river though. Fun trip- always good to get out and fish with my Pops! Maybe we can team up next year...

Take care,