• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

responsibility on the river

this is a note that results from many nights of b.s.ing beside the river. as a group, my friends and i have been encountering record amounts of debris at a number of spots this summer in the le seuer to new ulm stretch of the minnesota. we have frequently cleaned up after sloppy riverfisherman who often make us somewhat ashamed of being considered in the same class of fisherman. we all sit and praise the river and the exciting fish it provides for us to catch but some still seem to abuse it. i would like to commend the fisherman that clean up after themselves (bottles, bags, old line, cans, etc.) and encourage everyone that is on the river to help "our river" by not leaving a mess behind. this includes leaving dead fish on shore. i don't mean to preach, i just want to help the river.

colin

Ya, the trash leave trash all right. I've removed a swing set, barbecue grill, snowmobile track, tires, a safe, water heater, bicycles, various auto parts, etc., etc. This stuff was just plain illegally dumped. Then you got the so called fisherman who leaves the cans, bottles, line, empty packaging and worst of all ... their impression.

Some people's kids..I tell ya.

i can only hope that people wise up to the effect they have on the world around them. i know the problem people stretch far beyond fishermen and we can't stop all the littering but we have to start somewhere.