• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How'd you do?

Well, I know the lake here has about a two foot chop (as far as I can see) and it's about 40 degrees. I'm glad our opener is next weekend.

How did everybody do? Any snowflakes? wink.gif

we fished the river by clementson and it was terrible. 2 keepers in 7 hours for 2 guys. no sturgeon and a couple suckers. conditions were pretty bad, white caps on the river at times. frown.gif

With warmer weather on its way for tomorrow and less wind--hopefully this will get the fish snapping. Typical minnesota opener--cold and windy.

Lake was so rough no one went out. We ended up fishing the Warroad river and catching some pike. Watched a guy off the boat docks on the river bring in a 22 inch eye, pretty nice fish too bad it was the only nice one i saw all day

ccmonsr how was the ride back from church? I heard your face was pretty cold on the way back. By the way them were some nice red horses you caught.

yeah the ride was quite painful, those suckers weren't nearly as nice as that pout you got!!

A few brave souls made it to the South tip Saturday... Didn't look like much fun out there to me.

Fished the Bay today, and we brought in 6 nice ones. Slow and chilly for the most part... found one spot with a few fish going... The water is pretty dirty, once it cleans up they are going to light up.

ccm You should of came with me today. We filled up in 2 1/2 hours this evening. We caught one nice eye 26".

With as beautiful as the weather looked like it was going to be I made the decision to stay home. A 5 hour drive for what I was sure was going to be a horrible opener just didn't seem worth the trouble. After hearing how that the weekend turned out like I knew it would with the predicted wind I'm happy I stayed home.

I had some issues to work on with the boat with a dead battery, and just want to get some work done on it before I bring it up for the summer. I'm going to attach one more downrigger, and I think I've got that figured out now but I need to do a little reinforcing of a spot in my boat where they didn't add plywood underneath the aluminum on the gunnel. It's just towards the back though and it's a 9 inch gap. It's nice having it home though so I don't have to feel like I'm rushed or losing fishing time when I work on the boat.

Later, Ryan

After the Friday night forecast I skipped Saturday. Got to the cabin Sunday afternoon about when the sun came out and the wind went down and switched. A good bite going at the Morris Pt gap and the west end of Pine Sunday p.m and Monday. Weren't many fish shallow and mostly small--biggest was an 18" but most kept seemed to be 13-14. Marked lots of larger fish in 24 feet and deeper but got no takers at that depth. The guys anchored in 15-18' seemed to do better than the boats moving. As crummy as the weather had been, I was real pleased with the bite.

Figures, my buddy called and said that the weather really got descent right after we left on Sunday. Oh well, we caught fish (and froze) but still had a great time.

Tully