• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Reelman6141

MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!!!

Reelman6141

What lure? What size jigs? Been to LOW a while ago, but now I am supplying the group?? I need help!

Dry_Fly
Angel Eye pink & white, Hammered gold. Custom Jigs & Spins Demon Jig pink & white, gold. also caught a lot on the pink and Marmarooska Jig size #10 my friend caught everything on a Custom Jigs Slender spoon gold in color (you can find it in the Walleye Kit). Plain hook did well on a dead stick also. Good luck this was the first part of the week we used them.

boener

Buckshot rattle spoons!

gspman

You can catch'em on almost anything when they're going. Start with a gold or a glow pink & white jigging spoon 1/8 or 1/4 oz. (Go Devil, Angel Eye, Buckshot, Pimple, etc...). Put a horizontal 1/8 oz. jig under a slip bobber for your other rod (I like glow colors). If you see fish on the flasher but they're not biting keep switching colors or spoons until they do. If they still don't bite start downsizing your spoon and/or try using a spoon with a dropper hook. Use a glow hook instead of a jig on your bobber rod too. If they still aren't biting you can keep trying or BREAK OPEN THE BEER BAY-BEE, cuz it's gonna be a long day.

ironman

Same as above...I've also drawn some agressive strikes using a gold chubby darter..when they were hitting lightly on other baits.

walleyejon

The million dollar question has a million dollar answer. Buy a million dollars worth of jigs, and something is bound to work. Just kidding ya. If I were limited to a handful of choices for LOW, I would go with:

1-Gold Buckshot Rattle Spoon

2-Gold Angel Eye

3-Pink/white Jig-o-bit

4-Red Go Devil

5-Green/white JR with hammered gold back.

If you can't catch fish with that inventory, they aren't biting, or you ain't fishing. Good luck. Ooops, I forgot. I would get mostly mid-size jigs/spoons, a few smallish ones, and one or two big ones.

zackj91

where do u guys bye all this stuff im from the detroit lakes area

iffwalleyes

here are my go to lures

in order of favorites

1. JR Crushers (Pink/Glow & Glow Red)

2. Angel Eye JR. (Pink/White & Glow Red)

3. Chubby Darter (GMO & Orange Luminacance) quickely becoming my favorite.

4. JR Rattling Jigging Spoon

5. Buckshot

gspman

Well you can get Angel Eyes and Go Devils off of this site. They are usually in most bait/tackle shops. Northland tackle is everywhere. You must not be too far from Cabelas. They'd have some stuff too.

loosegoose

I've found a great selection of tackle at most Mills Fleet Farms.

pneumaticdude

Just a tourist trying to get tips, I will be in a shack from sportsmans, but most guides don't say to much. anyone have suggestions on how far off the bottom do you ya fish,what type of jigs work better Horizontal or vertical and how much do swivel snaps actually hurt the lure presentation?

jthd

i was up there today,and they wre real picky my slowest day in years,I did have some luck on a rapala jig with a minnow head my green,orange and my brown/silver got me a couple.last week orange buckshot was hot and slow today.Only way i got a bite today was when i pulled up about a foot and jigged.A good selection of hooks is nice to have because you never know from day to day.99% of the time i have got fish on a gold jig with a shiner.Good luck fishing remember a bad day fishing is still better than a good day working

Dry_Fly

We were there last week and catching them 6 inches off the bottom and they were biting real lite most of the time. Read through the post and you will get a good idea of what everyone has been using at LOW. I use a small Duro-Lock snap just so I can change lures quickly and also you will get more action on a snap than tieing directly to the lure. Ended up going to a small presentation because of the lite bite. Pink&white/Gold worked the best for me. Enjoy

iffwalleyes

For me I get my most of my stuff off the internet because then you can get what you want and usually it is better priced too.

all my stuff is from JR's I get from here www.jrstackle.com

all my angel eyes come from tackle city www.tacklecity.com

Chubby darters I find at Fleet or Scheels or Cabela's or else I get them direct from Salmo but they are more expensive this way but you get the colors and size you are looking for.

fiskyknut

Lot's of good suggetions here already but I would have to add Lindy Flyers and Airplane type jigs for sure.

Regards....fiskyknut

Piker

This past weekend I had success on some lures I've never used with success. One was after reading a post on here about the pink/glow white AE. That worked well. Another was an orange/glow white jig. I'm going to buy some more, but I think it might be called a jig-o-bit or something. Whatever it was, it filled the bucket.

hattrk4me

Quote:

where do u guys bye all this stuff im from the detroit lakes area

Quality bait, Walmart, County 6 all have the mentioned lures in stock.

pneumaticdude

any tips in how to get them small jigs down in 30ft of H2O while keeping the vexlair accurate?

frummybear

Orange rapala number 5 never fails. I have never used a different hook. Having a vexlar helps and just keep a steady jig. Caught a 27" this past weekend on it

Tripleplay

Until proven otherwise, I always have a gold jig (fireball or teardrop) with a minnow (lightly throught the dorsal area)--fatheads or shiners and an ice buster bobber deadsticked. This past Friday it caught easily 40 fish. I start at 6" off of the bottom and move up 3" after 5 minutes and then 3" more a bit later. If nothing I go back down to 3" off of the bottom and start over. Then red or green glow jigs with blue glow jigs next in line. One thing I always monitor is the activeness of the minnow--if it isn't bouncing the ice buster bobber or at least moving around the hole it is replaced quickly.

Other rod depends on vex marks for depth, but jigs or Angel Eye Jr's. Also might be a buckshot rattle or a chubby darter. This past weekend my jigging rod was strictly a gold, teardrop jig with a fathead and it caught all of the fish on Saturday. I actually never caught a fish this past weekend on the chubby darter but my housemates seemed to catch more fish when I was working it--maybe it was drawing their attention, but it was too much action for them to hit it.

If you have the electronics, watch the responses to your jigging and adjust accordingly. We had two very different patterns between Friday and Saturday and our Saturday results would have been much poorer if we had stuck to the Friday deadstick better pattern only.