• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JIvers

Winona Spillway?

JIvers

Has anyone had any luck at the Prairie Island spillway in Winona? I am going to check the ice thickness tomorrow afternoon, but the ice there is usually safe to walk on right after the ice at Bartlett Lake is thick enough. I have caught enough bluegill, and feel like catching some walleye, sauger, and crappie.

canvasback kid

last week i drove by there and there was someone out there by the point and they had a little campfire on the ice. havent seen nobody since.but havent really looked either.

JIvers

There were a couple guys out there at the tip of the island this afternoon. It also looked like at least one sled kept on going to Blackbird Slough, judging by the tracks. I will probably head out there tomorrow afternoon, and see what I pull up.

JIvers

I worked the Winona spillway this afternoon from 2:30 to 5:30, but didn't come up with anything to show for it. I marked some fish, but could not get them to hit. Another guy out there pulled up a few small crappies.

canvasback kid

so are u saying we crossed paths again, i was the out there in my frabil, i was wearing the red and black columbia suit, and talking with the other guy out there off the point.

JIvers

A-ha! Now I know who you are!

Baumg17

I was just wondering because I actually go to WSU but when you guys talk about the point and the slough, is there a map or something I can look at so I can figure out what your talking about. I try to fish Bartlett and Prairie Island but you guys lose me. let me know what ya think, thanks

canvasback kid

ur going through the same thing that i went through trying to figure out what all these locals are talking about. The best i can tell ya what we were talking about is the "point" was just referred to the spillway and the little point of trees and branches out front and "slough" was probably referred to the blackbird slough on the other side of the spillway through the woods. i havent ever been back there but seen many go back there, i hope to check it out one of these days, i heard they get crappies back there.

and about the map thing ....i havent found any real good maps for the area and it seems that some of the spots are just known to the people in the area and not on any official map, if someone else has any map suggestions feel free to chime in, i wouldnt mind knowing either.

Baumg17

ok, thanks canvasback, let me know how that goes for ya, I'm looking for a new spot out on the river for some eyes or crappies, but haven't found anything great yet. I'll keep you posted.