• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

PINE ISLAND REPORTS ??

Im heading up the 6th -9th of Januarary has anybody been fishing up there today or monday the 3rd? I was looking for some depths peple are fishing at north of pine off of Adrians road. My house sits 1.5 miles north of pine in about 26 feet of water. Is this a good location or should I move farther out we have a 8x16 house (kinda hard to move if there is a-lot of smow) but it can be done. How has the fishing been also??

Very Good fish hard or go home!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Wicky: I checked with Jody last week at Riverbend, thought maybe you had left a cold one in the cooler for me, no such luck. I told the boys hi for you. cool.gif

Last week we were out in 28' by Wed, and Richard was moving some to 30'. they have started the migration of the houses to deeper water. I'm headed back on the 17th so hopefully you will have a good report by then. Good luck, hang on. Bill

We were up over New years, fished Fri.Sat Sunday, 2 people very slow fishing for everyone i talked to, Fished in portables in 26, 28, and out to the edge of all the houses 30 ft, weather though was not good!Caught 10 fish a day but all pretty small, 12-14 inches if that! most fishermen were keeping these small ones i was surprised!all the cleaning houses had small ones in the barrel.caught mostly walleyes,couple decent saugers, this was the norm for most i talked to,caught 5 eelpout,one of the eelpout had a 8" walleye in its stomach, what happen to all the saugers? if the weather would stabilize maybe it would be better, but for the money i would go to a different lake.Ice is good, though went through a slushy spot on my way out to deeper water.

Thanks for the info any other informents can pipe in also.

How many miles north of pine are houses going?? And how deep are they.

grin.gif

Wicky,

Good luck fishing this weekend!

If you don't know who I am just a reminder that you were at my house for X-mas day. FYI---my LOW trip fell through with the other group as we couldn't fill up the big cabin we had reserved so I'm game anytime you've got an opening in the house.

Did add a new SM-Lazer Mag along with the Vex so I'm getting the goodies and just need to get them wet. Hopefully out this Saturday for a bit with the kids then some of the ICE events (Medicine, Rush and maybe Tonka) as well as the WBL get together if you are not working why don't you ride along with me as I could use the help.

What is the WBL I have not heard of it??? There is a big Forest lake contest some time this winter maybe could hit that. Im not sure when though.

You must know Santa pretty well to get a new VEX and a auger for x-mas. Those Hammers have the money. grin.gif

Only somebody who married a Hammers would know what it's like! Honestly the Vex wasn't going to do me a whole lotta good without a hole in the ice and it took me a couple of days of pointing that out before the breakthru. Of course, I used a little X-mas money I got from father/mother-in-law and my dad towards the purchase. I may have failed to mention that in return for the auger I had to sign a note on a china hutch!!!!! It seems I got the short end of this stick (not really but don't tell her) and I'm keeping track towards a portable shelter-believe me.

The WBL is a get together of FM'rs in the metro area that just want to fish and maybe teach us rookies some tricks. There is a thread on the metro lakes section, but it is next Saturday (15th) at 10AM and I'm bringing Nathaniel for sure--probably not the girls unless they really enjoy this Saturday on Coon or Medicine. Just another opportuity for me to get out and maybe get a little better at ice fishing since I'm a novice at this hard water type.

I saw a flyer for the Forest Lake tourney and wouldn't mind fishing it if it works out.

By the way Happy B-Day if I remember your comments on Christmas Day.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.