• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Missing Fisherman Near Chaska?

I just caught a glimpse of the news just now...They said they found a boat anchored in the Minnesota near Chaska with nobody in it. Anybody know anything?

They did say boat and not army tank right? If so then I am sure Dennis is all right.

went to the kare11 website they say 16' lund and car and trailer found at the chaska boat launch and wallet in the boat but that is it for now.

kstp.com has a picture of the boat if anyone can id

I just read the news in the startribune, I hope they find whoever safe and sound.

Maybe a roll call is in order for the guys that frequent that part of the river.....

There are only a handful or two of us.

I don't recognize the boat description so it may be a non FM-er.

Who else frequents this part of the river?

I didn't recognize the boat but I haven't been on the river as much as I'd like to so far this year.

Ozzy's is safe here in Belle Plaine, I think I'll be fishing around Blakeley if you know what I mean. Hopefully everything is alright!! Anyone catching any fish?

------------------
Puff-Puff-Pass

This is a horrid situation. I hope the outcome is good, but it's not looking that way. I do have a couple of rules about fishing a river.
#1 Never fish from a boat in a river alone.
#2 Never go downstream from the boat launch.

Sometimes I ignore rule #2, but normally it's pool 2 so there are other boats out there. I have been stuck downstream when the engine cut then never started and it's not a fun ride back upstream using the trolling motor and tossing the anchor upstream and haul it back and repeat a million times.

That river claims someone every year.Be carefull out there guys.

Been fishing downstream all week from chaska, been catching quite a few fish but no bodies.... yet, hey could be an interesting friday night

Rat

MNRiverRat:

Don't even joke about that!
For a comment like that you lost my respect!!

Missing Man Identified, Found

The body of a missing boater has been pulled from Minnesota River near Carver. Authorities found the victim late Friday morning.

The Carver County Sheriff Bud Olson says the man is identified as 30-year-old Francisco Lopez Reyes of Prior Lake.

Hey Andy, you still got my respect....Only one thing you could catch more scary than a body...A Bass!!

They think (maybe) the guy committed suicide. How could life be so worthless? I can't understand it.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

------------------

Nope I will never understand suicide either. Hopefully his family makes it through the tough times.

On one hand, there is closure to the situation... On the other hand, a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to family & friends.

Suicide is something I will never understand.

A man, a boat, nice piece of water... you'd think that could keep a guy happy.

yeah your funny Dark30;

No he didn't commit suicide he was pulled over by the anchor rope from the current!

If you guys are gonna comment on something at least have the **** facts straight!!!

I'm not quite sure what happened to this thread but I'm getting confused here!!

Could somebody help me out!

Every newstation & website in the cities that I've been able to catch this story on has speculated about a depressed individual who eventually was found dead in the Minnesota River. Am I reading too much into this?? Did I just automatically assume it was a suicide??

Bassman186- Could you please direct me to a credible source if I'm absolutely wrong? The anchor rope comment seams like a legitimate possibility.

Fact of the matter is, a guy died on a river many of you fish on. Intentional or unintentional, its tragic. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'd just like to know the facts... and maybe the facts aren't completely known yet.

There was an investigation done by the cops, which in turn found both hair and skin in the rope, this is what I had heard, through local (chaska) deputies

My neighbor who worked the Scott Co. Sheriff's Dpt (now retired) tells me the first thing they look for in a watercraft suicide is the anchor rope. Now I can't imagine tying yourself to an anchor and jumping in the water but thats a sign that he did. I can only wish I was there to talk to the poor guy first.

Mr. Bassman...I said "maybe" he did and don't come on this thred and dish out negative comments to someone you don't know without your seat belt on. wink.gif

------------------

Poor Guy, either way, if it was suiicide or not, It's not the way I'd want to go. I was just up that way last saturday, definitely a nice piece of river. At least the body was found for the families sake. That will help with the greiving process.

So Dark30;

I came to this thread well prepared, first off you don't feel that his comment was uncalled for? and second just because you know the guy doesn't mean you have to stick by his side! Another thing, you can attempt to speak in sarcaism on here but either way a man died on the river which most of us on here fish and that alone (sucide or not) should be taken into respect, we would all do the same if it was one of our own!

Matt

First: No, I don't think he made any wrong turns

Second: I will stand by his side

Third: The guy who died was a human being and IS one of our own. You got your blood pressure up for no reason (exclamation point)

I don't know you and I'm sure you have good intentions but so does most everybody else on here. No need for preaching.

------------------

Dark30;

I don't understand why you seem to have such a problem with me but.... well keep reading!

I do come here with good intentions, I'm not trying to drop any stones in a pond (if you follow the analiogy I'm going with)

I understand that you and riverrat are friends, but I still feel that his catching a dead body on the river comment was uncalled for, possibly true, but still uncalled for!

I respect the members of this site and you seeing as you are Pro Staff, but respect is still needed for the loss of a fisherman, this is something we all can relate to!

Matt

Matt, Andy did not break any forum rules.. only your rules. If someone came on here and yelled at you, I'd probably stick up for you too.

Since I'm an all-mighty pro-staff I could just delete this but I'm not going to play that game. I'm not a pro. just an avid fisherman..been on here along time is all. I've made a lot a friends on this site and you don't do that by yelling at people...or deleting them.

------------------

Alright, time for you guys to shakes hands or hug or something...

------------------

<*)))))))><{

[This message has been edited by LEECH21 (edited 07-26-2004).]