• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Riverside Park Walleyes

Anyone been fishing at riverside park in New Ulm. Iv'e tried a couple times and got a few walleyes and lost some that were in the 5-6 pound range. When the water goes down a little more the action should pick up somemore so i will be down there trying it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thw water level is dropping pretty fast. the walleye action has really picked up their again. there is quite a few nicer ones in there.

are you fishing from a boat or from shore? we went there on opener for like 4 hours and only managed to get one

Catching them from shore. Fishing right off the boat landing. also have caught a few off the culvert that runs into the river.i was casting an airplane jig with a fathead.

ya today i went down to riverside and fished for about and hour with a jig and crawler i didnt catch any but i had a few bites, i think fatheads would be better, ill give it a try again tomorrow.

fish more, work less

ya catmaster if u wanna do some riverside fishing today give me a call i play at 430 for my second game so i should be able to go after that. call me at like 645 ish

ya i tried riverside today used jigs and a spinner rig only caught a few nice channels and a sheephead

ok i'll do that. i might even come to your second game.

Someone got a 30 pound cat yesterday here on a mister twister going for walleyes. wow that must have a been a fight.

say wastewaterguru i think i met u once at riverside i was down there fishing walleyes and u came down on ur lunch break but ya if u wanna go cast some jigs for awhile down there just let me know when your gunna be in town again and ill try to make it down there, i was moslty catching 1-2 lb channels last time but walleyes are still there.

If y'all ever want some company, let me know. I live in the cities, but work in New Ulm. Always up for some fishing. There was a couple guys fishing around the access today at lunch and they were catching tiny little channels......Fish were biting hard and fast though. I don't think they were using the right setup for anything bigger.

I always have a rod or two with me. Just let me know.

Hey, just so happens I'm in town today. And most weekdays.

I am gonna take a long lunch today and chuck some jigs...like 11-1 or something. I could also get out after 5.

Call me on my cell or post here if ya want to hook up (952-221-4087). One of these days I could always bring the boat to work... grin.gif

ya i hafta mow like 3 lawns today but then maybe ill stop down and throw some jigs to so maybe ill see you there

Hey riverrat56 do you know *********? I see you are both for New Ulm. Just wondering if you guys are friends or the same person or something.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

no i dont know him ive probally met him fishing before but i dont know who he is. i think he should get a differnt user name though

Well fishing was slow at the park today during lunch. Saw two small eyes caught, but nothing to get excited about.

I did run into riverrat56....nice meeting you.

Too bad the fishing was slow.

Maybe next time!!

Me and riverrat are good buddies. i'm not sure who ********* is but have seen many of his posts. I also leave right here in New Ulm and could make it down to the river whenever is someone wants to meet up.

Wastewaterguru where do you work at here in town?

Are you interested in going catfishing some night?

[This message has been edited by catmaster1557 (edited 06-30-2004).]

ya riverside is pretty slow these days all i have caught latly is channels a few where eater sized so if anyone is interested in them they are availible. if anyone wants to try the river for cats someplace this weekend drop me a line me and catmaster might be going out i could probally get some bullheads for bait to

The quarrys in just outside of new ulm is a good spot to catch some nice cats and is also good for walleyes.

ya i was planning to fish from shore, either the quarrys or the boismen bridge but we will hafta wait for a week or so because they are both all mud

Was down there tonight. The walleye action has really slowed down. It's alot better when the water is up. However the carp fishing there is great. Caught 3 tonight about 7-8 pounds. Would have stayed longer but the mosquitos chased me outta there.

ya tom when are u leaving for the lake me and coach kauffmen might take the boat out to sleepyeye tomorrow after hertiage fest setup so ya call me or something

Well, I went down there again today for a little while. No eyes, but I snagged two carp that were over 5 pounds. That was fun. They were stacked up solid in from of the wastewater discharge.

I wouldn't mind going catting with you guys some night. I am a married man and don't have the free time that riverrat does.....

Were you planning to fish from shore for cats??

Ya I can't go tonight I gotta work 6 to close. I'm not leaving for the cabin until tuesday so let me know if u wanna go out before that.

walleye bite has all but stopped at riverside but my sadness was shortlived as the carp bite has begun, today we landed 6 and catmaster lost his rod while trying to net one that was well over 20lbs corn was the hot bait today

park has been pretty slow but carp still provide enough to keep me coming back, last night i did pick up 2 eye's a 19 and a 17 both went back, i might try again tomorrow after work so if anyone around new ulm wants to hook up for some carp fishing drop me a line

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the carp are VERY thick right now at the discharge by Riverside.

thanks for the info wastewaterguru, maybe me and catmaster will try to make it down there today but football is taking up most of our time. say do u still want to come down to go catfishing? we were thinking of going out on friday night.