• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

mn river between redwood and morton

I fish the area just a bit to the west of redwood all the way from there to granite falls quite often.

Haven't fished it, but Pattersons's rapids sounds like a place I'd like to try. Must be some walldos hanging out there. smile.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Good Fishing. Lucky

I FISHED THAT AREA QUITE OFTEN ACTUALLY! I GREW UP SOUTH OF OLIVIA, ABOUT HALF WAY TO REDWOOD. I'VE FISHED IN REDWOOD A LOT TOO. NOW I FISH THE AREA SOUTH OF RENVILLE AND AROUND GRANITE MORE THAN REDWOOD.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

That's the stretch I often fish the most. Have done well for flats in some of the deeper holes and snags. Also have caught the biggest channel of my life in that stretch (17 lbs). There are some nice fish to be caught there but I think west of Redwood upriver is a little better or down farther by Franklin. If you're looking for a fishing partner, let me know. I'm available most weekends.

Carp

HEY CARPLOVER, YOU GONNA BE AROUND THIS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND?

------------------

<*))))))))><{

I'm not sure about this weekend yet. It all depends on work schedule on friday. More than likely I will be around though. Was actually thinking about hittin the river sometime this weekend. Interested?

Carp

HEY SLAYER, THAT'S WHERE I ALWAYS FISH. I KNOW THAT AREA PRETTY WELL. HOW ABOUT YOU? ANY BIG CATS FOR YOU IN THAT AREA? I WILL PROBABLY BE DOWN THERE ALSO THIS WEEKEND.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

[This message has been edited by LEECH21 (edited 05-27-2004).]

slayer73 and LEECH21

I'll probably be just a ways down river from you this weekend. I'll try and stop by and meet you guys. Probably will be mid to late morning since i have to work both days at 2pm.

later, SPUD

Hey, where you guys from? I will be fishing renville co park 2 north of delhi this weekend, maybe see you on the river!

I went through the co park yesterday and it had about 100 canoeists in the bigger part of the campground. I think we will probably stay at the very west one. Nice little spot for camping there.

I have fished around that area alot, but not in the past 3 years. The last time I was down there I towed a couple of guys from Iowa up about a quarter of a mile to the access. I haven't fished it because the access had that big sandbar in front of it. Looks like they took some of that out though. I will fish from shore though this weekend. If I don't see ya down there I will post how I did.

SLAYER73...

I USAULLY FISH THE AREA BY THE #6 BRIDGE. THERE IS A SAND BAR THAT STICKS OUT INTO THE RIVER A BIT AND WORKS GOOD FOR SETTING THE RODS UP AND BUILDING A FIRE. I ALSO FISH "DEEP EDDIE" KINDA BY THE BOAT LAUNCH. PROBABLY WHERE YOU WILL BE. A FEW YEARS BACK I PULLED A FLATHEAD OUT OF THERE, BUT NOT MUCH ELSE CAUGHT THERE. SEEMED TO HAVE BETTER LUCK BY THE BRIDGE.

I WILL GO FISHING ON SUNDAY FOR SURE, BUT NOT SURE IF I'M GOING TO TRY GRANITE FIRST OR NOT. IF I FISH THE PARK IT WILL PROBABLY BE TOWARDS SUNDAY EVENING.

IF WE DON'T SEE EACH OTHER, I AS WELL WILL POST HOW I DID.

GOOD LUCK!

------------------

<*))))))))><{

Well well, a few people hitting up Deep Eddy. That place is always packed with people Memorial day weekend. I myself have never had much luck there, other than snags. The actual "deep eddy" is best fished with a boat from the other side of the river but that's not always convenient. I might swing up there though and try to see if you fellas are catching anything. I have plans for fishing sunday downriver of Morton probably or else between Redwood and Morton. I try to keep away from all the crowds. Hopefully see you out sometime though. Good luck.

P.S., where do you fish by Granite? In town or just east of town on hwy 68 there?

I'M NOW FROM WILLMAR. GREW UP AROUND OLIVIA.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

Redwood Falls here!

[This message has been edited by SPUD BAR (edited 05-29-2004).]

WAS OUT AROUND GRANITE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON, THE WATER WAS ABOUT 4 FEET HIGHER THAN LAST TIME I WAS DOWN. IN ABOUT 2 HOURS MANAGED ONLY A FEW SMALL CATS, A FEW WALLEYES, AND A SHEEPHEAD. WENT TO #6 BRIDGE, A.K.A. THE PARK SOUTH OF RENVILLE, ON SUNDAY NIGHT. WE WENT TO CATCH A FEW CHUBS AND SHINERS IN A SMALL CREEK WE KNOW, BUT THE WATER WAS WAY TO HIGH. SO WE FISHED WITH ONLY NIGHTCRAWLERS AND GOT QUITE A FEW BITES, BUT ONLY CAUGHT A 4# CHANNEL AND A SMALL CARP. HOPE YOU GUYS HAD BETTER LUCK!

------------------

<*))))))))><{

I was thinking about you fellas out there on the River saturday night. I had plans to get the boat out downriver from Morton but that wasn't going to happen. Took a look up north of Delhi and the river was considerably lower there than down my Morton. I know the Redwood was very full so I'm sure that made a big difference. I ended up cleaning my house and doing other "necessary" chores. Waste of a weekend if you ask me. : )

US THREE WILL HAVE TO HOOK UP SOMETIME!

------------------

<*))))))))><{

I didn't get to go fishing down there this weekend. I got rained out and ended up loosing my minnow pail in the rising water. Maybe this week some time. Anyone ever catch them when the river is so full of trash?

Carp Lover

Just looked at the first page of this thread and answered my previous question.

We should meet up sometime for some river fishing. I hang out with a bunch of other river rats that love it down there. I start overnights tonight at the sheriffs office. Just stop up and say hi or give a call and ask for Jim, I'll probably answer the phone anyways. I get there at 10 pm.

Later, SPUD

LEECH and Slayer you too.

HEY SPUD, WHAT DO YOU DO AT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE? I ONLY GET TO REDWOOD ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. MY GRANDMA LIVES THERE, OVER-LOOKING THE GOLF COURSE AND MY BROTHER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

I'm a dispatcher at the S.O. office. Who's your grandma and brother? I'm born and raised in Redwood so I prob know them or at least know of them.

SPUD

Spud, You're a dispatcher in the Sheriff's office huh. I'm sure I would know you then. I was also born and raised in Redwood and live here now. I farm around here and hit the river most weekends if I'm not busy. we should get on the river sometime. Drop me a line. matt_tiffany at hotmail.com

MY RELATIONS LAST NAME IS SCHMIDT.

------------------

<*))))))))><{

spud-

I'm amazed! Small world I guess! I work for Redwood County. In the Engineering Dept.

Hey Matt, are you Bruce Tiffanys son? I sold a 10 HP Johnson to one of bruces sons.

That I am. That was me who bought that. The johnson is still running strong. One of my better investments. Anyone been out much since last weekend? I'm planning on getting out this weekend work/weather permitting. Hopefully I can get my corn sprayed before that smile.gif Later

Carp