• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wazuplittlefishes

ice fishing

wazuplittlefishes

Hey guys. this is this first time i have posted here in a while since last jan. Yes i am the one who caught the state record and put it back down the hole. it was 22 lbs. How has the fishing been on LOW this summer and fall? I would like to know so then when i head up there in the winter i have high hope!! Last year we went up there in late Dec. and caught over 200 fish!! it was a blast. but do you guys (and girls) think i should head up there again at that time or go in Febuary?

LOWguy

That would depend on if you are after walleyes or sauger. Normaly walleye numbers are alot higher in dec. but saugers are almost a nonfactor. Feb. sauger fishing is great and some years the walleyes are caught suspended.So if you are comming be sure to bring your vexlar. HOPE THIS HELPS.

bturck

Early and late ice are the most productive times for the eyes. During the mid months the Sauger will definitley keep you busy with walleyes occassionally thrown into the mix. Moving from shallow in the early hours to deep water and back to shallow later in the day can also increase your walleye success. I make four trips per year Dec, Jan Feb and March and the fishing has been good in all of these months with the eyes more prominent in Dec and March. As LOWGuy mentioned bring the Vexi, don't leave home without it. Good Luck and hang on. Bill